ASTM Metallic Wear Standard Will Help Machines Run Smoothly

Wear is a bugbear spanning all from artificial knee joints to antenna orienting meachanisms in space stations. Often difficult to detect effects of mechanical wear can cause catastrophies. It is welcome that ASTM has come out with a standard to addresss this.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Healthcare workers treating Ebola victims are at a great danger of contracting the disease, as recent events in western Africa have shown. Currently available protective suits tend to require...
Looks like the Chinese phone makers are facing tough challenge from the Indian ones - not in the markets; but in the courts. Following the news of banning and unbanning...
Micromax will announce the much hyped and awaited phone, Micromax Yu tomorrow at Hyatt Regency along with the team from Cyanogenmod team. I got some information about the price of...
This is the first I heard of Kirigami, a Japanese artform similar to Origami. Kirigami involves cutting the material. This study seems to go way beyond an artform and can...
I am planning to make wireless robot that will be controlled by my Android phone. I have done training on Embedded & Robotics but I am not having that kit....