ARM's 64-bit Juno, An Open Platform Development Board.

ARM Juno development board is the first of its kind with 64-bit ARM processor supporting ARMv8 instruction set. The development board is shipped with six 64-bit ARMv8 cores, which is combination of dual core Cortex-A57 and Quad core Cortex-A53 running with #-Link-Snipped-#. The chipset includes Mali-T624 graphics.

Juno development board will only be available to qualified partners & developers and it is aimed for developers porting to 64-bit Android (Upcoming Android L will be supporting 64-bit) & ARM IP License owners. #-Link-Snipped-#

It would be interesting to compare 64-bit ARM & x86_64 both in terms of floating points, integers and performance per watt. You can ask questions about GPU (whether Mali has binary blob or not, or anything else) here : #-Link-Snipped-#

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Vikram Dattu
    Vikram Dattu
    Is it possible to enable only A57 cores or only A53 cores.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Vikram Dattu
    Is it possible to enable only A57 cores or only A53 cores.
    What exactly do you mean by enabling only one? The switch between the cores are made depending on the applications that's running. If its intense, then high performance core else the low performance one. This switching is dynamically done. You want to run just one of the core for all the applications?
  • Vikram Dattu
    Vikram Dattu
    Actually yes!
    I do want to test my application on purely A53 cores and Purely A57 cores.
    Performance measurement will also be useful on either A53 or A57 alone.
    Quoting performance figures would be useful that way since, not all mobiles contain big.LITTLE arch and may contain A53 cores alone
    Please let me know if this is possible by any way...
  • Vikram Dattu
    Vikram Dattu
    [Prototype]
    What exactly do you mean by enabling only one? The switch between the cores are made depending on the applications that's running. If its intense, then high performance core else the low performance one. This switching is dynamically done. You want to run just one of the core for all the applications?
    Actually yes!
    I do want to test my application on purely A53 cores and Purely A57 cores.
    Performance measurement will also be useful on either A53 or A57 alone.
    Quoting performance figures would be useful that way since, not all mobiles contain big.LITTLE arch and may contain A53 cores alone
    Please let me know if this is possible by any way...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Beleiving a god or not is an invidual rights apart from your character development from your childhood days.people are divided their god nothing but god is unique but they are...
Electronic devices contain active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, diodes, transistors and integrated circuits along with passive interconnection technologies. While using devices such as computers, mobiles, etc. the users...
I was awoken by a certain SMS today morning which was from BV-BSNLCare saying Dear Customer, Your Broadband Usage with ID xxxxxx has reached 100 Percent of your Free Usage....
Nanobi Analyitcs is a Bangalore based data and analytics startup founded in the year 2012 by Mahesh Ramakrishnan. The Founder and CEO at Nanobi Analytics, Mahesh Ramakrishnan holds a B.E....
JEE Main 2014 Result is released by Central Board of Secondary Education every year for the candidates those who appeared in the examination. The result shows the performance of the...