Are You Ready For The @facebook Mail? (FB Project Titan Update)

The mighty Facebook isn't really satisfied with the #1 position in the list of top visited sites in the USA. The big fat Facebook is now eating more from Google's tiffin box. Facebook wants all of you to abandon the clean, fast and simple Gmail and adopt the @Facebook.com address. Yes, Facebook has been secretly working on rewriting its core messaging product to offer a full featured email to all its 500+million users! Google - are you watching?

Facebook is already planning a new $450 million datacenter to host all the email. There's a news that Facebook will offer POP and most probably IMAP access to FB mail. If this happens, I'm sure Gmail will have sleepless nights. Now let's see how Facebook Mail will be a better product than Gmail -

1. Facebook mail will be integrated with your social profile.

2. Facebook will be able to do a better job of prioritizing your email than Gmail's Priority Mailbox feature.

3. They know what you like and what your interest are. So you'll be better served with the relevant ads in mailbox.

4. The users, themselves have provided all the data to Facebook; while Google has to collect that data from various means.

With this, all FB has to do is come up with a posh UI. Facebook will take fast leaps towards one-spot destination for everything - deals, payments, maps, photos & videos.

What do you think? What should we expect on Monday?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you want a cheap phone that is overloaded with features, Karbonn K25 has to be your choice.With in-built MP3 Player and 2.0 MP Camera, it serves all the needs...
During my tenure as a software engineer, I found many employees struggle to write that perfect resignation letter. Writing a simple, to-the-point resignation letter is an art. I think one...
AOL's building a new webmail product just like everyone else. The new mail will be launch on November 15th. Well, that's just a day ahead of Facebook launching its own...
Gone are the days when Indian software engineers only did low-end IT work, services and BPO work. The times are changing and I, the leading critic of Indian software industry,...
I'm often asked why I'm not running after VCs to raise funds for CrazyEngineers. Frankly speaking, CrazyEngineers is doing well and I've few weird plans for CE that I don't...