Are you comfortable with the new design now?

Just a quick poll to see how our fellow CEans are reacting to the new design of CrazyEngineers. Now that sufficient time has passed since we rolled out the new design, we want to know whether you've adjusted to the new design.

Replies

• Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    I don't like the new design πŸ˜”
    No offence.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    seriously I really don't like the new design, mobile compatibility looks great but for desktop no πŸ˜”
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Somehow, I liked it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Umm. This thread is about gettig used to the new design. We have another official thread to discuss the design. ☺
  • Akhilesh Garud
    Akhilesh Garud
    The design is amazing. I loved it. πŸ‘
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great look with simplified user interface.
    But I what I like on the old design is that bigger CE logo at top of the page.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The new design is fine and very light.
    Things for improvement
    • Color combination, feels little dull
    • fonts are not crisp, looks pixalate. see the voting div.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Need rework on choice of colors. Dark Light combination not good. Looks too cluttered to read. Earlier, differential background color for text at different places made it easier to distinguish text. Here everything is plane white. Need to specifically have borders atleast.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    BTW I do see that an attempt has been made to make CE have a flat design front end but honestly its not completely done. It still feels missing. Maybe a change of colors is in order.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Some thing is yet to be booted up

This is my first sight view of the site. But over all satisfied with this new setup.
  • avii
    avii
    The top bar is getting on my nerves 😑
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    The top bar is getting on my nerves 😑
    😁. Easy! It's a nice, little, pretty, useful sticky navigation bar that gives a quick access to stuff. Just a little lesser exercise to your index finger, you see.
  • avii
    avii
    No its a clutter and I don't like it. Rather hide it by default and make it visible on mouse hover.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    design is pretty gud ... but there's a lack of colour combo i thnk πŸŽ‰
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    While the colours are a nice change from the past but I am still yet to get in grips with the slightly bigger font size. I am using the toggle sidebar option more often now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe we'd shrink the font size by a bit.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe we'd shrink the font size by a bit.
    I would love that. The reason why the bigger font is a bit distracting is because it manages to overshadow other elements and occupy more space on the screen.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am very comfortable with CE from the day I joined. πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I'm comfortable with the new design. Though I like the mobile optimized version more !πŸ˜€
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I would love that. The reason why the bigger font is a bit distracting is because it manages to overshadow other elements and occupy more space on the screen.
    Thanks for reducing the font size its looks much better now. πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Please change the font color of 'Ratings Received' , may be to a darker shade of Green so that it can be read easily.
  • avii
    avii
    guys fix KYCean links. many people have their interview links in their sigs, but all of them are broken
  • lal
    lal
    Was the line spacing tweaked? I find the space between line quite way too much. Wonder if its only me. Possible that my browser is the culprit. But, it was all perfect the last day.

Using Opera Mini (Server Rendering) Symbian. (Yeah! Symbian is old. Very Old)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why not make Crazyengineers.com Open source?
Researchers at Japan’s University of Electro-Communications and Hokuyo Automatic Co. have finally succeeded in making the intelligently sliding automatic doors, same as the ones in Star Trek. This doors have...
The tragic incident in Himachal Pradesh has shocked the nation and I found this real footage of the tragedy on Youtube. I didn't want to share it; but I believe...
It’s not often that you see a car manufacturer at a Toy Show but Toyota had a very good reason to be at the Tokyo Toy Show 2014. The Japanese...
Our aim is to create the awesomest t-shirts for our fellow Crazy Engineers and as the first step in the process, we've created an ultra-tiny survey (that won't take more...