ARE WE TECHNOLOGY USERS OR TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPERS?

The word technology are evolving around us drastically from 1900's. Within the 100 years, It has shown its development in every corner of India. The term 'technology' may vary from person to person has a tool, a craft, a machine etc... But overall, It means of something which improves human lifestyle.

There is always a discussion " IS CHINA TREAT TO INDIA", Based on technology users, they are not so. India ranks 3rd in the number of Facebook users whereas china ranks in 98th position. This statical report clearly states Indians are great users of technology.

India had made is footprints in many field , by finding water in the moon, launching satellites etc. But still we are back. A 12 year old Japanese kid can build a Robert, But not a 22 year old Indian engineer. Where we are going wrong? education, corruption, poverty, lack of fund.

Share your opinions

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not entirely true. Technology is being developed but not at the scale & pace industry demands.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If we talk about computer related technology then it's being developed and exported to other countries .
    For example, has anyone seen credits of adobe reader, check out at least first 4 names.
    Other sectors like medical, Indian medical institution able to provide better and cheaper than other counties and people from other countries are coming here, Which is now being known as Medical Tourism.But the lack of implementation or can say awareness, quite majority of public are far from good medical services.
    I am not aware of other technology sectors...

A 12 year old Japanese kid can build a Robert, But not a 22 year old Indian engineer. Where we are going wrong? education, corruption, poverty, lack of fund.
    This is problem of our education system, madness about western culture.
    Suppose a kid is about to start his school. What parent expect from school? Level of education, Kind of teachers No!!!!
    parents are now only concern about kid should learn English first, so called their children are in modern school.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If we were not focused on technology for this discussion, I can confidently say that India's innovated the *MOST* where it matters the most: Food! I doubt there's another country in the world with such a large variety of food.

After doing my own bit of research, I can confidently say that a major breakthrough will happen if Indians start sticking to their own language for research and studies and adopt English as a 'second' language for the business. I never thought language would play such an important role in research. Dr. Abdul Kalm studied in Tamil and Japan still teaches everything in Japanese, Germany in German, France in French and so on.

Second, most examples are given about people migrating to other countries ( Internet is full of examples showing how Indians form majority of silicon valley, Microsoft, Oracle and so on ). India needs people who stay in the country for the love of it, against all (so called) odds and innovate. I wonder why do people have to move to silicon valley to create a web-based service as simple as Twitter.

Then there's the whole ecosystem that involves innovators, financers and consumers. These ecosystems are created on their own. People seem to complain all the time about lack of funds.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Language can create barriers (by politicians). However, it is a great ice breaker. So long as technical terms are used minimally in English after explaining the import in the region's language, there is no problem in carrying on the business in the local lingo. Even in formal meetings of technical departments we tend to slip into discussions in the local language (four lettereds inclusive). In Bangalore this may be in any of four languages. I do agree that it helps a lot to relieve tensions and let off steam, after which all get back to the agenda.
    In a manufacturing milieu, we find people from different language regions. Talking in their language gets a point across more easily.
    It actually speeds up development. It should perhaps be done in formal education as well.
    The trouble is the rabble rousing politicians tend to make this a Holy Grail, spoiling those willing to try using the language the best they can. Unpronounceable translations of common terms like computer, bus and numerals only put people (even the locals) off using the language more constructively.

Yes, people must stay here and create. We can sell the output anywhere.
    Let us just do it.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    ianoop
    Suppose a kid is about to start his school. What parent expect from school? Level of education, Kind of teachers No!!!!
    parents are now only concern about kid should learn English first, so called their children are in modern school.
    I like to add one more point to it. English + numbers in their mark sheet.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    India is a developing country (at least that's what we say and believe). But for a technology user environment, Indians stand out as top users of newer technologies. People now-a-days are well connected. But it just doesn't look so from the outside. It's because of the lack of infrastructure I fear. In foreign countries, they express themselves better and easily. Here in India, we are faced by diversity at every field. I'm not pointing out, but luckily "English" language has "tried" to unite the masses. Not everyone knows "Hindi" and it has got different styles and slangs too. In Germany or France, they just have one language to worry about. Here in India, we have a lot. And so English is better to stay within the competition. More over, if ever Hindi was to become a popular and "first preference language", it should be accepted by the world too. People are willing to study French, German and Japanese to get jobs in those respective countries, but will they do so in India? On second thoughts, Indians can adjust to India. But even at that case, corruption and infrastructure issues cause problems. If India can find a solution to keep Indians 'SATISFIED' within India, and also 'DEVELOP' the infrastructure, then there is a fighting chance. Whenever a politician comes to power, all that happens is more money issues, budget failures, planning and re-planning. Very LITTLE progress is made.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    anoopthefriend
    I'm not pointing out, but luckily "English" language has "tried" to unite the masses. Not everyone knows "Hindi" and it has got different styles and slangs too. In Germany or France, they just have one language to worry about. Here in India, we have a lot. And so English is better to stay within the competition. More over, if ever Hindi was to become a popular and "first preference language", it should be accepted by the world too. People are willing to study French, German and Japanese to get jobs in those respective countries, but will they do so in India?
    According to me, language cant be a barrier for development of technology. Hindi or English anything, It is just a communication medium. A person who reads in is mother tongue will have better knowledge about the basics. Only these persons are strong in basics, can think about developing or finding a new technology.
  • Abbey12
    Abbey12
    aarthivg
    The word technology are evolving around us drastically from 1900's. Within the 100 years, It has shown its development in every corner of India. The term 'technology' may vary from person to person has a tool, a craft, a machine etc... But overall, It means of something which improves human lifestyle.

There is always a discussion " IS CHINA TREAT TO INDIA", Based on technology users, they are not so. India ranks 3rd in the number of Facebook users whereas china ranks in 98th position. This statical report clearly states Indians are great users of technology.

India had made is footprints in many field , by finding water in the moon, launching satellites etc. But still we are back. A 12 year old Japanese kid can build a Robert, But not a 22 year old Indian engineer. Where we are going wrong? education, corruption, poverty, lack of fund.

Share your opinions
    This is a PIN point of view not only to India...It is as well applicable to Nigeria even to Africa generally.
    I think our readiness to implement 'anything' invented by others has drastically pulled us (esp. in the Africa region) back from sole involvement in the the design and invention of new and trending technology to promote the relevance of our region in the present age.

it is crucial!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any way to use a variation of an Inductive Proximity Switch, so that rather than detect any metal, it would only detect magnetized metal? I'm looking to use...
Amphiphobic - Repelling both oil and water is the remarkable property of this nano material film devloped by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Darmstadt, Germany. Nothing...
I am going to a camping trip next month and I want to buy a camping light. Convenience and light weight are the most important features , headlamp or penlight,...
引进海外高层次人才,上海国资系统邀您加盟! 科学发展,人才为本;人才成长,平台为基。近年来,中央及上海重点推进创新复合、紧缺高端人才队伍开发,相继出台“中央千人计划”和“上海千人计划”,吸引了一批紧缺急需的海外高层次人才。为进一步加快当前国资国企发展层级与速度,加强引进人才的力度,由上海市委组织部、市人社局、市国资党委、市国资委联合举办了首批上海市国资系统引进海外高层次人才需求目录信息发布会。 作为“世博会志愿者职业发展服务计划”的承办单位,东浩人力资源(DHR)再次被指定成为此次海外高层次人才引进项目的人力资源服务机构。 详细信息请登录www.shdhr.com 或致电:86-21-63813311转海外项目组 或发送邮件:1000plan@shdhr.com Inviting talented professionals to work in Shanghai We advocate scientific development through taking care of talented people; we promote the growth of talented people...