Are jobs in Mainframes very limited?

Can u guide me about me about mainframe
Right now I am just new in the company and working on mainframe technology.
Many people told me to change the technology as mainframe has very limited jobs.
So according to you should I change the technology
If yes then on what.?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can get your answer by searching for the jobs on popular job portals like Naukri, Monster Jobs, Shine and others. Mainframes are legacy systems and are expected to continue for several years. But if you can equip yourself with newer technologies; you should go for them.

Keep your current job and find out the technology that you'd love to make your career in; independent of how popular it is currently.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So I was wondering why C and C++ continue to be very relevant in the modern world. I found the reason that not only C and C++ are "THE" languages...
Hello friends, I have a requirement to display the pdf file in swing JPanel and restrict the user to save this pdf. I am having pdf in byte[] format. Anyone...
All the CrazyEngineers members are being advised (and requested) to wash and iron their respective CrazyEngineers T-Shirts. We've been getting reports that several (almost all?) of the owners of the...
We've decided to offer the CrazyEngineers T-Shirt at the craziest, lowest price [Rs. 340, includes all taxes and shipping as well!]. Use the following discount coupon when you place your...
Skype has announced the availability of the Beta version of its new Skype for Web service that will allow its users to conduct Skype conversations over web browsers such as...