Are Indian Customers Lazy?

Yesterday I was reading article
#-Link-Snipped-#

One of the reason behind failure of this guy start up

"Most school administrators do not check or respond to emails. Decision makers were not available most of the times"

I guess this is one of the reasons behind failure of most of the startups in India. We Indians don't like changes. I have seen most of the government employees are still using window XP at least in Punjab, so How can you expect them they will start using some Indian made OS if in future it came?

Are they lazy or just don't like innovations or just don't care?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I little differ from the perspective you got from the article. I don't see story is about lazy customer but a lesson to immature startup.

Here is what I find: To avoid failing your startup
    -Know your customer before building the product.
    -Spend money only to core till you start making money.
    -One of core team member should know SALES.
    -Focus on money making before creating awesome.

I also differ with the opinion that old school software/hardware user are less productive. I have worked with government officials and I also use to curse for their non-technicality and reluctant to change.
    My view on selling product is - "It's you who sell the product, you can't blame user not to purchase or use new technology. You have to tell user that their life is piece of garbage if they are not using your product."

I have most classic example of old and ugly looking software which is better than current technology - "DOS Based Railway Reservation System". I bet, even if Steve Job was alive today. He couldn't be able to sell his shiny Apple to Indian Railway to replace that 30 old software developed by CMC limited.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I agree but here I am just talking about this specific reason, because I know in Punjab people here just don't care and not sure about South, is the situation same there too?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Manish Goyal
    I agree but here I am just talking about this specific reason, because I know in Punjab people here just don't care and not sure about South, is the situation same there too?
    It's everywhere and happen to all customers, I haves faced this situation in Chatttisgath.Thing is, if a customers needs is fulfilling without spending extra penny. They will not jump to new system. It's always sales team job to tell why they should upgrade and throw money on them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In the above case, the onus of changing customer behaviour lies on the seller. I've some experience of working with the college authorities - right form the HOD and Principals to the owners. They are totally after convenience. If the old system based on paper and pen works for them; they won't want to change it. The key is to show them the advantages of technology and make it SO easy to use that they don't feel like they've to learn something new.

But that's more difficult to execute than say.

Think about OLA cabs. All they are doing is removing the entire pain of booking cabs! All you need to do is just press a button on your app - and your cab arrives at your door-step.

Think about RedBus - you can book your bus right from the comfort of your home and get a confirmed seat; just like booking a flight ticket!

Think about Zomato, you can get all the information about restaurant even before you enter it!

The bottom line is, people don't resist change. The technological solution needs to solve some real pain point!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone !! I'm a 3rd year engineering student from electronics and communication trade. The most difficult question for me from a great while is which career I want for...
Create two networks to segregate users. Map 1 network with users which are allowed and the 2nd network with users which are not allowed. Create an ACL which would deny...
Can anyone help with the questions which were there in Cdac 06-12-2015 ? A Genuine help is required.. Please help if anyone has given the exam on Dec. 06 itsely....
This question has kept hitting my mind on and off ever since laptops came into my life. Today, as I've successfully ventured back and forth through 3 laptops [Dell (15.6...
I would like to do my project on raspberry pi..pls suggest some ideas which is useful ...can I do raspberry pi as a broadcasting FM station.?is this a good project...