ARCHOS 50 & 45 Helium 4G Capable Smartphones To Be Unveiled At CES 2014

Archos has announced in a press release that it will be unveiling two of the newest members of its Helium series at CES 2014. The Archos 50 Helium 4G and 45 Helium 4G are both Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) devices which will soon be getting upgraded to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Both devices are equipped with Qualcomm MSM8926 chipset which has a 1.4GHz Cortex A7 Quad Core processor, 1GB of LPDDR3 600MHz RAM and a 450 MHz Adreno 305 graphics processing unit. Both these smartphones work on GSM, UMTS, WCDMA, & LTE networks. They offer Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi & micro USB connectivity and A-GPS and GLONASS navigation sensors. They also allow you to expand the memory storage by using microSD cards.

50 Helium 4G 3
50 Helium 4G 1 50 Helium 4G 2 50 Helium 4G 4 50 Helium 4G 5
Archos 50 Helium 4G Images​

After looking at the similarities, let’s take a look at the features that help differentiate both the models. The Archos 50 Helium 4G has a 5-inch 720p HD screen with an IPS panel and the Archos 45 Helium 4G has got a 4.5-inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) resolution screen with an IPS panel. The 50 Helium has got a larger 8GB internal storage as compared to the 45 Helium which has got an internal storage of just 4GB. The Helium 50 boasts of an 8 MP rear camera with LED flash and the Helium 45 has to make do with a LED flash equipped 5MP rear camera. The 2MP front camera of the Helium 50 is a tad better than the VGA sensor of the Helium 45. The bigger Helium 50 uses a 2000mAh battery and the smaller one has got a 1700mAh battery. As you might have deduced from the spec list the Helium 50 is the expensive one and it costs $249.99 and the Helium 45 sets you back by $199.99.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Both helium devices doesn't seems to be very impressive except their processor
    Qualcomm MSM8926 chipset which has a 1.4GHz Cortex A7 Quad Core processor, 1GB of LPDDR3 600MHz RAM and a 450 MHz Adreno 305 graphics processing unit
    4 / 8 GB internal memory now a days is very common or on the lesser side, I was just wondering that does someone thinks of presenting VGA camera still (Helium 45 front)??

Other than fairly decent processor, I do not beleive in the price range they are presenting they can fight with Samsung / HTC / MOTO.

Any one knows if they have plans for Indian release ? (If not that will be a wise decision 😁).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

4K streaming on YouTube, without causing ISP bills to break your bank account, will soon be possible - thanks to the VP9 codec developed by Google. YouTube will demonstrate how...
Hello the course conduct by NIELIT cochin in pg diploma in vlsi and embedded is prospective for future or not will they provide any placement assistance...I am 2012 passout 68%...
CEans, The CEan Of The Month (CrazyEngineer of the month) contest has began and we'd like to inform you the new set of rules we've in place. The total threshold...
I bet most of us here have dreamt of owning a BMW or an Audi or a Mercedes Benz in our lifetimes. Whether your are working in an IT company...