Apptitude problem

This aptitude problem was asked in a test for campus placement and interview. Here's what the question was like. Please send your replies along with an explanation. This is urgent!

There are three friends Aditya, Bishnu and Charles. They go on a picnic to the Corbett National Park. Aditya buys five sandwiches and Bishnu purchases three for some amount. These were shared by all three equally and Charles paid Rs.4 as his share to be shared by Aditya and Bishnu. How much amount will Bishnu receive?

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    rs. 0.5.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Each person rs 4.
    and bishu bought 3 = 4.50
    so, bishu receives 50 paise.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    I's missing something in this..... Did Adithya also purchase?
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    50 paise....
  • aachus
    aachus
    50 paise
  • aachus
    aachus
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    I's missing something in this..... Did Adithya also purchase?
    yes he brought 5 sandwitches
  • Mohan Murthy
    Mohan Murthy
    answer is 1.50 right?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    How ? whats the explanation ?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    zaveri
    How ? whats the explanation ?
    for 50ps or 1.50rs?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    By The way I understood the answer as posted by ES, 50ps is correct.
    Total 8 sandwiches. Charles paid his share - 4Rs. So each has to pay 4. So, in total 12Rs for 8 sandwiches(12Rs for 8 sandwiches!!!!!!!! - Must be in 1947 😛 ). Bishnu paid for three- 4.5Rs. Since the share is 4Rs, he gets 50ps back.

But one question that I had was - Are we account 12Rs for what Bishnu purchased??? or Does it also account for the five, bought by Adithya??? The latter justifies the above explanation.
  • aishwarya mk
    aishwarya mk
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    By The way I understood the answer as posted by ES, 50ps is correct.
    Total 8 sandwiches. Charles paid his share - 4Rs. So each has to pay 4. So, in total 12Rs for 8 sandwiches(12Rs for 8 sandwiches!!!!!!!! - Must be in 1947 😛 ). Bishnu paid for three- 4.5Rs. Since the share is 4Rs, he gets 50ps back.

But one question that I had was - Are we account 12Rs for what Bishnu purchased??? or Does it also account for the five, bought by Adithya??? The latter justifies the above explanation.
    adithya recieved 3.5rs from the charles paid.
  • Vijay Prakash Pandey
    Vijay Prakash Pandey

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Must Share for Chennai People who are travelling to office by bus!​​ TRUE INCIDENT by Ranjani - Useful for people traveling in Chennai buses!! True Incident happened for a lady...
hello frnds , i need your help.. plz....
https://video.in.msn.com/watch/video...pkey=161fb645-a4ab-4994-b66f-f12c2fe051e5|||| Robot solves the Cube and more cubic fantasies
The Next Web (TNW) is hiring a Lead Designer. Check here .
New Google account users are now forced to sign up to both Gmail and Google+ accounts simultaneously. Read here . Is Google being Smart / Pushy? What do you think?...