Apple's Siri Will Now Understand English With Indian Accent

Apple sure has several Indian engineers working on various software and hardware products. It's however taken them iOS 8.3 (beta 2) to make Siri - Apple's personal digital assistant with natural voice interaction to figure out the Does Siri In iPhone 4S Recognize Indian Accent?. Update will also enable Siri to understand Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Thai and Turkish languages. The firmware update is expected to be rolled out globally starting mid-March as a 'public-beta'. This update is likely to offer relief to all the Indians who had to try very hard to get the American accent.

Siri's been one of the USPs of the iOS for quite some time now. In the recent times, Siri's seen stiff competition from Google Now and Microsoft's Cortana. While Siri could quickly understand the American and British accent, it had troubles with other accents. Handling the Indian accent would have been a great challenge for Siri because there's not just 'one' Indian accent for English. It'd be interesting to see how well this problem has been addressed by Apple's computer engineers.

Siri-Indian-Accent

According to report by 9to5Mac, the new options will be made available inside settings for Siri across all the Siri supporting devices. Siri's support to Indian accent is a very welcome move and is a clear indication that Apple's taking Indian markets very seriously.

Source: Siri learns Russian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Thai and Turkish for iOS 8.3 beta 2 - 9to5Mac

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Indian Accent... 😀 Was just wondering which one?

A South Indian's accent is absolutely different than a Haryana accent than a Delhi accent.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Let us see how Siri tackles my Mallu accent 😛...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are at least 10 lesser talked about companies in India that are trying to introduce the next killer Android smartphone. Fly Mobile, headquartered in London, has entered India in...
I am a fresh mechanical engineering graduate(B-Tech), i am planning to study NDT course. What are the job opportunities? Is it worth studying? And how well i get paid? Kindly...
frnz anyone give some details on basic wireless communication process like wifi communication..... i need a detailed flow chart for the wireless communication method...... how the digital 0's and 1's...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract Web-scale image search engines (e.g., Google image search, Bing image search) mostly rely on surrounding text features. It is difficult for them to interpret...
Project Abstract / Summary : Now with the growing population and pressure the life more and faster, people are facing with health problems. As accidents are increasing it is necessary...