Apple Set To Increase App Store Prices In India And 4 Other Countries

If you own an Apple device and love downloading apps on it, then we have a bad news for you. Buying the latest iOS apps is about to become more costly in India and several other countries including Turkey, South Africa, Australia and Indonesia. However, at the same time Apple is reducing prices in countries like Israel and New Zealand. The company said that it will increase the App Store retail prices to account for the changes in foreign exchange rates. The changes will take place in the next 24 hours, automatically.

Apple has sent out an email, first spotted by 9to5Mac notifying its customers about the change in App Store prices. This is not for the first time that Apple has increased the price for some of its users. Due to the volatility of the yen in Japan, it made a similar price increase in October, 2013. It has also raised prices in U.K. in 2011 and in some European countries (Italy, Germany, and France) in 2012. Apps have become an integral part of Apple’s business, as the company struggles to grow revenue and iPhone sales are slowing down. Recently, the company announced that it had crossed 65 billion app downloads in Apple’s fiscal first-quarter. Further, it also reported that its iTunes/Software/Services business made up $4.397 billion of its total $57.59 billion in quarterly revenue, up 19% year-over-year.

appstore
appstore_price rise

Developers can view the new Pricing Matrix as well as updates to their iOS Paid Applications and Mac OS X Paid Application contracts on the iTunes Connect website. As for India, this price rise comes as a surprise at a time when Indian market is recovering. What do you have to say about that? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Source: Apple adjusting App Store prices for several currencies - 9to5Mac

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, unsuspecting victims everywhere! It’s that that time of the year again as we get ourselves ready to be amused by people around us. Today we bring for you the...
Rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries mostly found in portable electronic devices and electric or hybrid cars can now deliver better performance at a lower cost. Researchers at USC Viterbi School of Engineering...
Quote: In their report, Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability, Working Group II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) state: ‘Observed impacts of climate change have already...
Malware writers have figured out a method to earn money by utilising millions of smartphone users' hardware processing power and transforming the devices into a crypto-currency mining tool by the...
hi friends.. i m final year chemical engg student having good technical knowledge. i want to start my own small scale industry along with my friend in yavatmal district maharashtra....