ANSYS: Thermal Analysis - What should be my boundary condition?

I'm trying to learn Ansys. So i have started with a simple problem in conduction which I would be using it in one of my work.

I have a wire placed between two rubber pads. I'm heating the wire electrically. The wire is routed by carving its path in the rubber pad. I need to achieve uniform temperature of 40 degree Celsius on top for that condition i need to find temperature of the wire and how long I should be heating the wire. All my setup is in room temperature . For this condition what should be my boundary condition.

I tried an automatic mesh with the following boundary conditions .

In my first attempt I gave the initial temperature as 23 degree Celsius and internal heat generation for the wire as 0.005 W/mm^3. I got the result as the elapsed time exceeds the CPU run time and also as in sufficient boundary condition.

In my second attempt i gave the temperature of wire as 60 degree Celsius and the temperature of pad to be 23 degree Celsius. Logically the temperature should flow from a higher temperature to lower temperature but in this case also I'm getting an error saying that the elapsed time exceeds the CPU run time .

Could someone help me out please . Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Which analysis system you'd used? transient thermal or thermal electric? and i never had error like "the elapsed time exceeds the CPU run time"😕
  • KarthikRajan
    KarthikRajan
    Ansys solves the problem by iteration . If the solution for the iterations are similar then it solves for more accurate answer and give u the result. If the solution for each of the iteration are different then it solves again and again till it gets the similar result for the default iteration. If those iterations are over then it shows this kind of error.😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging Mech engineers: #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Sorry. Not into software 😀 Ask me physical machines!
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    KarthikRajan
    I'm trying to learn Ansys. So i have started with a simple problem in conduction which I would be using it in one of my work.

I have a wire placed between two rubber pads. I'm heating the wire electrically. The wire is routed by carving its path in the rubber pad. I need to achieve uniform temperature of 40 degree Celsius on top for that condition i need to find temperature of the wire and how long I should be heating the wire. All my setup is in room temperature . For this condition what should be my boundary condition.

I tried an automatic mesh with the following boundary conditions .

In my first attempt I gave the initial temperature as 23 degree Celsius and internal heat generation for the wire as 0.005 W/mm^3. I got the result as the elapsed time exceeds the CPU run time and also as in sufficient boundary condition.

In my second attempt i gave the temperature of wire as 60 degree Celsius and the temperature of pad to be 23 degree Celsius. Logically the temperature should flow from a higher temperature to lower temperature but in this case also I'm getting an error saying that the elapsed time exceeds the CPU run time .

Could someone help me out please . Thanks in advance.
    Please describe the problem properly. Initial Conditions, Boundary conditions, solver used, Courant Number and Physical properties of the materials.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    No response from the OP?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I want to start automobile exterior design, alloy wheels and front light and rear light concern. I need how start and how to sell design to car companies. Its...
We have geo taging on smartphone that capture the location of image taken... So, when we upload an image or send it to another person by whatsapp or Facebook massager,...
Team led by Prof. Muthukumaran Packirisamy at Concordia University has developed a new green power source - a cell that derives energy from photosynthesis of blue-green algae. The team published...
I m from chandigarh university, accord to university i am placed in cognizant in the on campus drive, its been more than 2 months now but havnt received any offer...
I am interested in electrical design and installation.Is there any course on this?How can i excel in this field?. I need some advices.