ANSYS Plot the impedance(z) vs frequency and admittance vs frequency plot?

hello guys,
i am working on the fbar resonator and want to does the design and simulation using the well known research field software ANSYS 14.5.
i designed the geomatry and also simulate it but i can't be able to plot some required results.
is there anyone who worked on ansys apdl or workbench and help me to plot the impedance(z) vs frequency and admittance vs frequency plot????????????
its a very vast platform,guys plzz help me i got stuck here my further research work is stoped plzzzzzzz help ,meeeeeeeeeespecially mr
#-Link-Snipped-#,ankita katdare,A.V. ramani

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    (brought in from conversations)
    Sorry yogi, but what is a fbar resonator? Is it thin-film bulk acoustic resonator (FBAR or TFBAR)?

You said that you have the geometry. Can you please upload some more details. I have no personal experience with ANSYS though I have used it for some projects using others experienced with it. Before I can explore this a little more detail will help to explain to others.

Have you used ANSYS resources for it?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    hello sir,
    first as we know that the resonator is a device which vibrates on its resonance frequency also called eigen values it depends in material or circuit parameters. i think every body is familier to the RLC circuits and here i am using the some materials at the place of capcitor,register, and inductor and this material assembly also works more efficiently and same as the RLC circuit and vibrates on its reonance frequencies.
    the interesting thing here is that i am using piezoelectric material for this work like AlN,quartz and ZNO.
    so when we going more deep the resonator has parts like micro/nano mechanical resonator and acoustical resonator and acoustical resonator has parts lie SAW(surface acoustic wave) BAW(bulk acoustic wave).
    here i am working on the FBAR (film bulk acoustic wave resonator) which is a part of BAW resonator Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator
    so here is a brief detail about it.
    and i want to design and simulate the model in ansys 14.5 before practical implitation and for that purpose i have to study deeply the properties like impedance and admittance and quality factor etc. but i can't be able to plot the properties against the frequency because there is not any direct link is given n software. and there are a few people working on it so i can't be able to get help but crazy enginners is a wide platform so i am sure that i get some help here.
    guys plzzz help me my whole work get stuck due to this.......
    A.V.Ramani
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    A.V.Ramani
    (
    Have you used ANSYS resources for it?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    url not working sir
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    a.v. ramani,ankita,neda,
    does there not anyone who could help me???????????????????????????????????????????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The ANSYS site appears to have been down for maintenance. I could access it now.
    This item seems to deal with the simulation of a piezo electric fan:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This is the link to their resource library:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Both links work as of now.

ANSYS provides academic technical support to ANSYS users. Go to this site and register and pose your problem to them:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm writing this post from Vivaldi Browser - the brand new web browser launched by veteran software creator Jon von Tetzchner (ex CEO, Opera Software). Vivaldi is targeted at the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Here,In this project used to reduce the networking traffic with the users.To overcome this i used the new technique in networking to reduce traffic called...
After the 2014 launch of its Chromebook in India, Acer has today announced the launch of Acer Aspire R13 as its first unveil of the year in India. The product...
Yes I'm applying for IES 2015. I am a mechanical engineering graduate and 2014 passout. I got confused when seeing UPSC exam schedule. There is ISS/IES exam and it's notification...
Project Abstract / Summary : The purpose of this section is to provide the reader with general, background information about the software “Online Result automation system”. The Main objective of...