Announcing Responsive CrazyEngineers!

CEans,

We're super excited to announce the launch of mobile optimised version of CrazyEngineers! The mobile optimised layout was one of the top requests made by CEans. The wait is over and we now have a mobile ready CE - so you can stay logged in all the time.

What's Responsive Design?

Responsive design is a 'smart' layout that adjusts itself according to the browser size. If you access CrazyEngineers from a mobile device, you will find that CE will automatically adjust itself - removing the sidebar and presenting well structured & easy-to navigate layout to the user. You can test this right now! How? Simply shrink the width of your browser and see how CE changes itself to focus on the content. Following screenshot will explain this clearly -

Mobile-Optimised-Layoutโ€‹

Take a note of the changes that take place as you browse the site through a mobile device. Here are a few of them-

1. The sidebar is cut-off and is pushed down at the bottom.
  2. Navigation is clubbed inside a button and clicking/tapping on that button opens detailed menu.
  3. The user information is moved on the top of the message and other unnecessary information is cut-off.
  4. All the focus is goes to content - which is VERY important when you're accessing CE from a mobile or a tablet.
  5. Login / Logout options (drawer) is at the top and provides easy login.
Writing about all the changes is beyond the scope of this post. We'd love to have you explore CE via mobile device.
You may now check your favorite discussions any-time via mobile and stay logged-in to CE all day long! ๐Ÿ‘
Enjoy!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's how the user profile card looks like on mobile version. Captured this screenshot from my Galaxy Note.

User-Profile-Mobileโ€‹
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Wonderful..Thank you Sire.
    I am very sure this will add a good amount of traffic to Ce, atleast I would be regular ๐Ÿ˜€

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just to answer those who enquired about dedicated Android, iOS, BB App - we *will* launch them in future. But it's not on our top priority at this time. Why? Because we want our Android app to be awesome ๐Ÿ˜ and what we've planned for our dedicated app is way beyond your imagination.

There are a ton super-cool things that must be made available to all our CEans and we're already working on them! Future is packed with excitement.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Awesome, waiting for that.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    It's looking Awesome

Very arranged content

Easy to browse ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We all were indeed waiting. Loved the navigation menu button at the top and the sidebar button at the bottom.
    Focus is now on the 'content'. Thank God for responsive design. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Checked it out on the desktop. Smooth.
    Excellent. Really clever.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb ! I was waiting for this feature from the day I joined CE.

Now its LIVE ! ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you Biggie.
  • lal
    lal
    Quite easier to browse on a smaller screen now.

A doubt though ๐Ÿ˜˜
    What if I like to see the larger version of CE on my mobile? Shall I be able to do that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal

A doubt though ๐Ÿ˜˜
    What if I like to see the larger version of CE on my mobile? Shall I be able to do that?
    The responsive layout considers the width of the browser window and then adapts the new layout.

There aren't any apparent advantages of regular design on smaller screens. For example, the sidebar only offers extra information and in the responsive layout, it can be accessed at the bottom of the thread.
  • lal
    lal
    Agree that. And I'm so happy too with this optimised display.

Still asking, what if someone feels like viewing the larger version? And I think, it consumes the same amount of traffic as with the larger version, yes?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you meant 'bandwidth', right? I haven't done tests to figure out the exact difference it makes. So if someone wants to test it, please do share results so that we can take appropriate actions if necessary.

The overall feel I've had on 3G connection is that the pages load faster than the normal version, but the difference isn't huge. We already have optimised the site and server to ensure that the pages load faster.

of course, this is just a start. We'll continue to optimise it.

As I said, we'll make dedicated app for it - but the time isn't right at this time. Plus, apps will have to be developed for various platforms while the responsive design works on any platform irrespective of the underlying operating system.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I didn't like this new interface.
    No grudge,just personal opinion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    I didn't like this new interface.
    No grudge,just personal opinion.
    There's no 'New' interface. It's just rearranging of layout elements.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Looks good. The sidebar button below is very convenient. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    lal

A doubt though ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Its responsive design not new interface.

Just resize your system browser to tablet or mobile size, and you will see the difference.

Thats the lattest technology,
    Ver eell implementation, hardly any defrcts. Great job done.

-CB
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Hey, good job Kaustubh. Thanks!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's no 'New' interface. It's just rearranging of layout elements.
    It looked crap to me because I was using Opera from Android,& Opera was not able to render this website properly.
    Then I tried browsing from UCbrowser & the interface looks neat now.

But chuck this new tweak.
    I miss the old looks.

Anyways,Most people here liked it so I have no option but if there's any option available for user who prefer old looks then I would love to roll back.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Opera does caching and I've always had bad experience with it. You aren't 'missing' the old look anyways. The sidebar would block most of the message area on a smaller screen.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Thanks a Ton for this @The_Big_K and team!!!

#end quote: "I'm luvin' it!!!"

P.S.: Are there no similies option for the replies or do I not notice them? I'm using Opera Mini from Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    anoopthefriend
    Thanks a Ton for this @The_Big_K and team!!!

#end quote: "I'm luvin' it!!!"

P.S.: Are there no similies option for the replies or do I not notice them? I'm using Opera Mini from Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
    Emoticons to be precise. Tried from Google Chrome as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    WYSIWYG editor is disabled in the mobile mode. But emoticons should render properly if you know the short codes.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kaustubh Katdare i am going to take isro cs exam on may 12th 2013... please give me information about the exam pattern...
The usual and uncomfortable treatment for the condition commonly called 'Lazy Eye' (medically amblyopia) is to put a patch on the normal eye to force the other to get regular...
It looks like there's a lot of confusion about the difference between UPS & Inverter. This seems to be one of the common question asked in electrical / electronics exam...
Hello everyone! Warm greetings. Been busy with my project work and unable to come here. Now I need of a bit help. For my project I fabricated a Wobbler engine...
uBuntu 13.04 is now available for download from official website (link below). The version, officially called 'Raring Ringtail' is the latest version of the popular the Linux distribution. The uBuntu...