Announcing India's First Projects Showcase App On CrazyEngineers!

Fellas!

We are super-excited to reveal what we’ve been working hard for the past several weeks; and we believe it’s India’s first of its kind!

#-Link-Snipped-#
What is it anyway?

As engineers, you must have worked on academic or hobby engineering projects. 99.99% of these projects never get the publicity they deserve. For example, if you worked on a mini or major project as a part of engineering curriculum, the project gets submitted to the college or University and dies a silent death.
We want to change that!
The basic idea is that if you’ve already spent so much time working on your academic or hobby project; why not show it to the world? No matter if the project is 100% complete or still in progress; all you need to do is upload it to our projects showcase and let the world see what you’ve been working on.

What’s In It For You?

We believe this has not been done before or at least at the scale we are planning and it benefits EVERYONE -
  • Industry stalwarts view your project and contact you for further development. May offer you job.
  • You may get funding for your project - if you want to develop it further.
  • Ability to turn your project into commercial venture.
  • Get national and international exposure in over 180 countries.
  • Get ideas for your next mini project or major project.
  • Get help from others while working on your project
  • Get reviews and comments on your project
If not the above,
  • You don’t have to work on developing a dedicated webpage/site for your project
  • Share the knowledge and help your juniors and peers
  • Collaborate with other engineers from all over the world
  • …and help build one of its kind showcase for academic / hobby / DIY engineering projects.
We are looking forward to seeing all the small and big projects going live over the next few months.
If you have any questions and comments about the all new Projects App, do share them with us in comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Who will be the first to comment? 😁
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Awesome opportunity to increase reach of projects and share with all...
    Superlike!!!!
  • alina nishat
    alina nishat
    great idea 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I am not in favor of this feature. You are directly/indirectly spoon-feeding the amateurs who are just in search of free stuff across the internet for their college submissions. Any sensible person will never make his sweat and blood undertakings out on open forums for the whole world to copy them.

If you are inspired by Kickstarter for this idea, Kickstarter doesn't give code pdfs free for download.

A better way will be to open discussions for the same where people will actually have to use their brains and come up with a solution. The kind of crowd we are having recently is of project-ideas/ready-made-projects seeking public and you just offered it on a silver platter.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Document never contains code and, even if it is, something called open-source ☕
    Git-Hub, codePen, Google Code etc.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nayan Goenka
    Any sensible person will never make his sweat and blood undertakings out on open forums for the whole world to copy them.
    Nobody is asking the project-uploaders to make the project available for download.
    It is just an open platform ready to be used in the best possible way.
    We have asked everyone to showcase the projects in their name. They are the owners of their own project page. They are recognized for their efforts by thousands of readers.
    I know so many people who have developed great projects, but the idea dies down with the lack of exposure that their projects get. 👍
    Let us hope to see some of the awesomest projects to get featured on our global platform.
  • satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    this would be more helpful for juniors to learn the process of a project making & Neven can be guided in a better way.. may make it upto international journals.thanks for this new initiation
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : I get your intention for launching this but also see that the chances of abuse here are more than its proper utilization. Also even if its uploaded using your real name, whos digitally signing the codes so that they don't get misused. And abusers will always copy paste everything they get their hands on. Please see that it doesn't have adverse effect. Idea is noble but I am worried about its implementation. I have a lot of such open-source ready projects to share, I don't share because rather than contributing, people scam it out.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    @#-Link-Snipped-# i agree to your, but i belive open source will help people to explore, help and learn.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Nayan, has put a practical issue forth.Nevertheless git-hub has lot of open-source projects and any one who wants to contribute can fork and contribute , but I don't think many have been misused. Lets hope this feature doesnot get misused.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nayan Goenka
    I have a lot of such open-source ready projects to share, I don't share because rather than contributing, people scam it out.
    Pardon me but I have to laugh on this. 😁
    ------------------------------

Anyways, If a user wanna leech, he'll do it anyhow. If not CE then anyother website or technical forum. Not publishing source code or opening entire project won't decrease frequency of leechineers 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Embrace Openness! The world needs to be more open than closed.
    Let us try to encourage more and more people to come together in sharing their creations and empowering people so that they create beautiful companies out of innovative projects.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankita Katdare
    Embrace Openness! The world needs to be more open than closed.
    Yeah! Let's say an open project is downloaded by 100 people, 95 of 'em will copy-paste the project - no shit, but 5 will surely fork the project, iterate the flaws, add some interesting features & make the project more innovative.
    That is sole purpose of open-ness : Infinite Innovation opportunity.

More heads, more innovation. :thumsup:
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    guys just show the working of your projects not the principle you used for it just tell tje ides not the procedure to gain it.
    if any body interested he will take forword to that guy who has the idea is this not right?
    also the security is helpfull so make the thread so secure that no body can download it without the permission of uploader. what you say guys?
    i think this will solve all the doubts of @ceans an a idea for the staff.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    yogi.bharadwaj
    guys just show the working of your projects not the principle you used for it just tell tje ides not the procedure to gain it.
    if any body interested he will take forword to that guy who has the idea is this not right?
    also the security is helpfull so make the thread so secure that no body can download it without the permission of uploader. what you say guys?
    i think this will solve all the doubts of @ceans an a idea for the staff.

A good solution. Now this is called sharing of ideas. Good one @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's 'showcase', folks. Not 'Marketplace'.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am in..
    I will surely post my ongoing project details.
    I know that i am not the first person to do it but I will work hard to get better results...
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's 'showcase', folks. Not 'Marketplace'.
    I agree, It's a showcase place for your awesome talent.
    However at the same time we can not bound someone not to share the source code. If they do good, if not very good.

The best part is their idea will ignite thought of millions other ideas and that's how technology grows.

My Thumbs-up to this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Really happy with the response. 😀 Let us hope to reach out to thousands of engineers + Industries & Companies beginning today for the Projects app.
  • Sunil Singh
    Sunil Singh
    A really unique idea. Many people might have thought about it but its good that CrazyEngineers.com is trying to transform this idea into reality. I feel this app will be of real help to engineers, recruiters, and many other people related to diverse fields of engineering. Hope this app gets exceedingly great response and anxiously waiting to use and celebrate the success of this app...!!! 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The announcement won't be complete without thanking the man who we "bugged" the most for several weeks at stretch - Laurent Thomas aka @#-Link-Snipped-# . Thank you for your patience and commitment to delivering the projects app.

The trouble's not ending anytime soon for him though. We're already working on the next big thing for the benefit of entire, global engineering fraternity. 👍
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Really awesome idea. 👍 😀
  • Prajakta Kelapure
    Prajakta Kelapure
    👍 great idea...a good source to start some innovation in projects since people all over the world with different projects vl come up with there ideas....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ all those who have posted their precious comments -

Think of this scenario:
    You are the owner of the Twitter idea. You develop the application and submit it as your project to the professors. They mock your idea.
    They say, "What's so special about people typing out 160 character messages?"
    "Why would people use small text boxes instead of a full fledged blog/website?"

You dump the idea. The project dies down as you pass out of your engineering college/university.

It just doesn't make sense. You let a great idea down the drain.
    If instead of doing that, you share it with others, people who see potential in it can help you take it one step ahead.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The point is the next big idea could be yours. And CE Projects Showcase can get you the right audience to present it to. 👍
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I am not against presentation of ideas. I m concerned that those ideas should not be stolen and scammed out. You cannot trust that everyone who is reading that section is a holy person. People exist who steal others ideas and work and damn! they are good at it. In that case, the frustration the original idea-inceptor will face will be unparalled.

The idea presented in CE (India), might be stolen from here and incorporated in some tom-dick-harry country out of the 179 other places you reach and made millions out of it and no is there to keep a watch on it. Plus anyone anonymously could see that section so it increases the risk.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Every product (Even in production) once out in public has the risk of being stolen. There are people in India who have tried to replicate the idea of CrazyEngineers. There is no limit to it. Unless copyrighted, you can take no action against such people.
    That is why your project ideas shouldn't sit on a paper of your desk. They should be implemented and made to work.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    So you just said the solution to it. Insist the people who post "RAW and unique" ideas to please get some sort of free copyright or some paperwork and at least mention it in the thread they create before making them completely public. Then all problem is solved. The best will be to go for GNU Public License where your purpose can be served or something or the other appropriate for it.
  • Abdo Jondi
    Abdo Jondi
    Nice idea
    Trust as we are engineers in life
  • aaa51835
    aaa51835
    I too have many projects or project ideas which i would like to share. Please inform how to share.
    Abhijit
  • avii
    avii
    Nayan Goenka
    I have a lot of such open-source ready projects to share, I don't share because rather than contributing, people scam it out.
    LMAO
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the originator wants to cash in on the idea, some effort must be made to protect the Intellectual Property Rights. The moment one puts something in the public domain it can be legitimately used by anyone having access.
    I am too old to bother about IPR. Personally I feel the individual is not the generator. We do not own anything. Not even ideas.
    I welcome this effort from CE and shall help to push it along if there is some help that can be offered.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This may be interesting:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here is another take on the 'Joy of Engineering'. The CE initiative is in a sense about furthering this.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abdo Jondi
    Abdo Jondi
    I have idea (no accident more )
    It's like u can't speed as u want but u can speed as max speed allowed at that moment
    No stupid pple with my system

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi am New User Of CrazyEngineers
On dividing a certain number by 342, we get 47 as remainder. If the same number is divided by 18, what will be the remainder ?
CRACKERJACK, like the queen ant is a symbol of leadership, creativity and excellence. Crackerjack is a "multi-disciplinary‟ communication design consultancy based in Mumbai (India) and offers innovative design solutions through...
I did not know that multiplying with 11 was this easy ! I came across a trick to multiply numbers with 11 and come up with your answer before the...