Announcing CEoM : The Global Clash Of The Titans!

teaser-1teaser-2 bigfightwin
CEans, in the past few days all the above teasers were making rounds on CrazyEngineers and Ooh Yeah! Coming Soon - Only On CrazyEngineers. Each one of them pointed at a big fight and that's exactly what we are announcing today - the global clash of the titans aka a global fight for the title of CEan Of The Month. Oh yeah - and there's an app for that!​
What's CEoM?
CEoM stands for 'CEan Of The Month' - the title awarded to the most outstanding member of community in any month.​
Global Fight For The Title: Compete With CEans From 180 Countries Every Month
CE reaches to over 180 countries around the globe, which means you will be competing against the best of the best minds in the world. Believe in 'global village'? Time to walk the talk!​
Applications Begin Today!
Applying For CEoM -​
Starting today, you will be able to apply to participate in the CEoM Fight for the 'next month'. The applications will be accepted throughout the month and a new contest begins on the first of every month! That is, the current month is 'June 2013' and applications are open for CEoM July 2013 title till June 30th midnight.​
ceom-apply
---------------------------​
What Happens On The 1st Of Every Month?
All of you who've applied for the CEoM title, will be treated as the participants of the current month and the game begins at the midnight - to last till the midnight of the end of the month. You will be awarded points in real time for each of your following activity:-​
  • Creating useful threads
  • Participating in discussions
  • Getting likes from other members
  • Getting anonymous votes from other members (you'll be able to vote for yourself as well)
  • Creating useful resources
Score Keeping Is Real Time!
You heard that right - you will be awarded points in real time as you engage in any of the activities mentioned above. If a user votes for you - your score gets updated in real time! Those with the top score will pop-up at the top of the participants list - so you know who's leading and who should you be beating!

score-real-time

Everyone Wins, But Only The Winners Get Into Hall Of Fame
When you create useful content on CrazyEngineers - everyone wins. But only the CEan with the highest score gets an entry into the hall of fame. In case of a tie, everyone with the top score finds a place in Hall Of Fame.

halloffame

Keep An Eye On Your Competition

While we've several checks in place to prevent spamming (and even voting), you should keep a close eye on your competition and whether they're trying to game the system. If you find that someone's taking a lead by copy-pasting stuff; immediately hit the 'Report' link in their posts and our moderators will inspect the content they're creating. Moderators will take appropriate action and hold the power to disqualify any participant from the contest. Once disqualified, you won't be able to participate in that month's contest, but can re-apply for the next month.

The Winner Gets $100!

The winner of the title will get $100 cash! It's indeed a lot of money to take care of a lot of things! We're already looking for sponsors which means the prize money can go up significantly higher than that!

100dollars

In case of multiple winners - the prize money will be distributed equally.

Special Thanks: The app's been developed exclusively for CrazyEngineers by the very talented Laurent Thomas aka CEan #-Link-Snipped-# . I thank Laurent from entire CE community for his constant support and making the CEoM app come alive.

NEXT STEPS:-

Head Over to-

#-Link-Snipped-#

& Apply For CEoM JULY 2013 Title!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and we are live! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# is officially the first applicant!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nice I got the guessing game right here 🎉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Competing for June. Applied for July! 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Note: June applications are demo only. Only the moderators and select few members will participate. There won't be any winner in 'this month'
  • dalveer singh
    dalveer singh
    😔 wht is it??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    😁 CE Rawks !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dalveer singh
    😔 wht is it??
    Which part did you not get?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Nice 👍 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Questions / comments are all welcome in this thread.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Wow....

That's the real CRAZY idea of CrazyEngineers...
    😀😉

👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just informing - there's no limit to how many applications the app can handle. So just let things explode!
  • Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    So..
    For CEoM july, it would start on July 1st midnight.. ryt??
  • ManOnDaMoon
    ManOnDaMoon
    Glad to see this finally live! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanoj Rajan
    So..
    For CEoM july, it would start on July 1st midnight.. ryt??
    Yes, that is right. Until then the moderators will be testing the app in real life conditions.

We'll keep posting useful information so that every participant knows how they can improve their chances of winning.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Good Job #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# 👍

#Dancing
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Simply awesome,CE will be more addictive now!
    Nice creativity biggie!The whole environment is competitive now(though healthy). 😁
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    great idea popped from cRazy minds.........i am looking forward to it.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gwendollen
    great idea popped from cRazy minds.........i am looking forward to it.....
    We look forward to your participation 😀
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Absolutely stunning !!! 😁
    I have always believed that the ideas that have the potential to change the future for the better always originate in crazy minds. This CEoM concept fortifies my belief. I thank everyone who made this possible and congratulate each and every member of this crazy family of ours.

Vive la CE
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Not even 24 hours have passed & 33 CEans participated for the next month's CEOM.

Which shows : How Awesome we are
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Great work Biggie & team 😀 This will definitely increase participation and up quality posts a notch.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow! What an overwhelming response! It's less than 24 hours and we approaching 40+ contestants and we've 12 more days to go!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wondering - do all the teasers make sense now 😉 ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    1, 3 and 4 does make sense...
    Not very sure of 2nd, its a healthy competition where we need to win not not to beat others.. 😁
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Not very sure of 2nd, its a healthy competition where we need to win not not to beat others.. 😁
    I guess, you can only win, by beating others.
    And, beating doesn't only mean as "whooping someone's ass", right ? 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Well, the app's going to list everything real time - so the fastest one will get a lead. Plus the winner will have to battle out everyone else to claim the title.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Call me crazy, but am I the only mod here who is checking the CEoM page #-Link-Snipped-# every few minutes of my online time - to see who's leading! 😁
    I am only beginning to get the feel of what will happen once you're up against 50+ competitors.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# yet to see u file your application is there something holding you back or you think this is only for new amateurs like us 😛😉
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Call me crazy, but am I the only mod here who is checking the CEoM page #-Link-Snipped-# every few minutes of my online time - to see who's leading! 😁
    I am only beginning to get the feel of what will happen once you're up against 50+ competitors.
    And I can see it's really tough competition with Admin and moderator. 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Harshad Italiya
    And I can see it's really tough competition with Admin and moderator. 😀
    Among admins and mods it may be tough. However, I am sure CEan members have the steel to beat anyone.. 😀

Also, as the teaser says, This would be the SURVIVAL OF THE FASTEST.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    No words. Good one 👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Believe it or not, we have 47 Participants right now! 😏
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    90+ applicants for CEoM! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see several applicants who've never posted on CE before. I hope this will give them a chance to become super-active on the site.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see several applicants who've never posted on CE before. I hope this will give them a chance to become super-active on the site.
    I checked that 3 days back, on Tuesday/ Wednesday CEoM suddenly got a boost of around 20-30 folks. Probably a CEan friend could fetch a lot of his/her friends.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    only 3 more to go in hundred participants.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    I checked that 3 days back, on Tuesday/ Wednesday CEoM suddenly got a boost of around 20-30 folks. Probably a CEan friend could fetch a lot of his/her friends.
    We just sent a mailer to almost 23k of our members. The server was down for long time in the last week, so we couldn't get more registrations. Let's hope that 50% of the total applicants actually participate to win.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just a day to go for the war to begin. And we have 102 applicants now. 👍 I am expecting a boost in ideas discussions through fresh new content on CE.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Less than 15 hours.
    I think we need counter.
    What say #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I also think that we should send out PMs or email all the "participants" to be here on July 1st i.e. tomorrow and begin the contest with a bang. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We need to send reminders to everyone who is participating. Let's do that in the next few hours.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    where is the sidebar image of the CEoM????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    where is the sidebar image of the CEoM????
    We're well over 100 participants and the banner has been removed. We'll now have a new banner and the plan is to display tips to all the contestants so that they find it easier to adapt to the rules of the game.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    2 more hours and it is game on here in CE
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Conqueror
    2 more hours and it is game on here in CE
    Reminds me of this phrase from the movie 21 - "Winner winner chicken dinner!" 😉
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    anoopthefriend
    Reminds me of this phrase from the movie 21 - "Winner winner chicken dinner!" 😉
    Lol mate a big crowd eager to scratch in the first points of the day here I guess I know the app and all of CE servers are going to see a surge in post making and post commenting real soon

Achievements par excellentia here
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys - we expect a short delay of about 5 minutes before the system updates itself for the participants. What's making me nervous is that we couldn't test the system with more than 50 participants during the testing phase; and now we've 100+ contestants.

The point is - if things work out of the box right away - don't panic. 😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys - we expect a short delay of about 5 minutes before the system updates itself for the participants. What's making me nervous is that we couldn't test the system with more than 50 participants during the testing phase; and now we've 100+ contestants.

The point is - if things work out of the box right away - don't panic. 😁
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! (said some other dull boy)- so relax Big Guy...(All is Well) - we need a emoticon for that! 😏

P.S: I wonder if people what people are more excited about Brazil vs Spain football or CEoM launch! ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Just keeping the fingers crossed for a smooth transition. Once the system's fully set, there's no stopping to anyone! 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    All of us are eager m man never worry you got our support in this 100 fold We are in it and we know this will take us much further
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Feels great, guys 😀 . We're just ~6 minutes away from the time over. The sequence is as follows -

1. The system starts accepting entries for CEoM August 2013.

2. 5 Minutes delay before the system adjusts the applicants into current month's contestants.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    1 minute to go...
    love and luck to all members.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    i am on....👍
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Et voila! Welcome one and all to CEoM! Hope we get interesting threads hereafter. All the best to everyone!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just updating here as well - the score counting would begin once we declare it. Watch out for the top notice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We promised you it's a great day and our second announcement is just as exciting as the one we made a few minutes ago! We're totally excited and proud to...
Did anyone here used a Telegram service to send messages? At least not me😒 It is going to scraped by government by 15 July, 2013. Link The Hindu I am...
Many of us might have seen the India-Pakistan match few days ago. Just after the first over Micromax revealed their latest flagship - "Canvas 4".Mind you, the timing of the...
Hello Friends, I am looking for some QR code generator where I can choose my own custom fields. I know many websites provides some fix format for QR Code like...
We all know that we are prohibited from using mobile in aeroplanes right Then how is it that we are allowed to use pocket internet like data cards and stuff...