Announcing "Best Discussion Of The Month" Contest - Yep, It's Back!

Howdy folks,

Though we are already a week into the month of December 2014, it feels great to announce the 'Best Discussion of the Month' contest. I wrote it's back, we used to have it regularly a couple of years back and we thought it's time for the revival of the interesting contest.

😁

Reason for bringing it back: We believe as this an open forum for engineers, hundreds of students & professionals regularly visit us and post great content. It would be great to recognize the efforts of those among us who take efforts to come up with great content and build evergreen discussions.

We will be monitoring new threads (discussions) created on each day of this month till December 31st. The one discussion that we find the most engrossing/interesting shall be conferred the title as 'BEST DISCUSSION OF THE MONTH' and the creator of that discussion will win the prize!

Judging Criteria: There's actually none. It could be (though not necessarily) the post that attracts the most number of views / gets many social media shares / is really informative/interesting/well-written etc.

There's no rule and you are free to start a discussion about ANY topic under the sky in the appropriate section of the forum board.

😒 Grand Prize: Mi Power Bank (10,400 mAh) 👍

xiaomi_mi_power_bank_prize

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    wowwwwwww
    CE raining gifts to passioners. thanks for bringing back it again
  • rajiv bansal
    rajiv bansal
    great..!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Announcement updated:
    The one discussion that we find the most engrossing/interesting shall be conferred the title as 'BEST DISCUSSION OF THE MONTH' and the creator of that discussion will win the prize!
  • ravi sisodia
    ravi sisodia
    how to participate ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ravi sisodia
    how to participate ?
    Start a thread on CE to appropriate section and make sure your thread bring attention and make a healthy discussion.
  • Genius11
    Genius11
    That's great!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The contest is open to all Moderators, VoiCE Authors and all general members of the site.

So far, your only biggest competitor is #-Link-Snipped-# 😁 who is well-known to start new discussions that build in a very well manner.

👍 Let's see who wins the title for December.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I see a lot of good discussion popping up. 😒 Extra marks for those who can keep the discussions alive and kicking for some time. That would be a treat to see.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am thinking we should start a discussion that let's CEans nominate the discussions they have started so that we know who all are competing.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those who are participating in this contest, make sure that you *build* the discussion. i.e. Start a new discussion and let engineers reply and keep the discussion live by regularly posting/updating on it. That way, the discussion page is really worth reading for visitors/readers in general. 👍 Your job doesn't end at starting a new thread. It lasts till you build a successful/interesting/meaningful discussion out of it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've about half a month to go before we decide on the best discussion of the month December. Can you all make it easier for us to pick the TOP discussion?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can you all make it easier for us to pick the TOP discussion?
    I thought that it was the other way. Discussions should all be so good that it is difficult to select. The downside is that all may be below par.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    I thought that it was the other way. Discussions should all be so good that it is difficult to select. The downside is that all may be below par.
    umm... I only meant that everyone should create discussions that are clearcut winners.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Last two days left for the contest to end. 👀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, I came through this site few days back, when I was looking for something creative to do. I participated in the competition ''Engineering for Change in India" and...
After spending about two-third of its flight time in space and travelling more than 2.9 billion miles from Earth, NASA’s spacecraft ‘New Horizons’ has been switched from hibernation to active...
Hi, I'm a licensed ECE in our country, but currently working in an IT industry for 1+yrs. And currently thinking to get a 2nd degree in ME. But I can't...
With an objective of taking governance to the people, Karnataka has launched an e-Governance app titled ‘Karnataka MobileOne’. This app will incorporate the multiple services of central government, the state...
For all the selfie enthusiasts, here’s a piece of good news for you. Keeping in mind the selfie craze these days, Micromax has designed Canvas Selfie, especially for the selfie...