Android / iOS App For Passport & Visa Services In India Coming Soon!

The ministry of external affairs, India would soon say 'There's an app for that'. The MEA is getting ready to embrace the app-world with arms wide open and has promised to launch an Android / iOS app for services like passport, visa, haj and other consular services in India. The app is said to be under development at present and is expected to be released soon. The app will enable Indians to access all the information they need using their mobile phones, instead of having to visit the government's official websites using desktop based browser. If the app indeed releases, we'd withdraw our eternal criticism about poorly designed and coded websites that Indian government operates.

The officials of the MEA who're closely involved with the project have affirmed that they intended to open a 'single window' to all the resources available on official websites and also connect to the media, students, diplomats, travellers and average Indian citizens. MEA has already successfully executed social media adoption project and has a strong presence on #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#.

mea

This step from the ministry of external affairs is quite logical. The broadband is still struggling to penetrate into cities and villages in India but the mobile adoption rate, powered with 2G & 3G network access is eye-popping. With millions of users getting added on monthly basis to wireless networks; mobile computing seems to be the dominant technology of the coming decade.

We do not yet know how the app will look like or function. From the information available, it seems that the app will have the facility to allow users to ask questions to MEA officials. The most popular questions asked by the users will get official response. If you're seeking passport related services, the app will answer all your questions on how to apply, what's the documentation required, payment related information etc. Those who're using Government's Haj committee services will get the details of their flights, stay in Saudi Arabia and other details. The travellers will get help with Visa guidelines, application process, visa services etc.

We congratulate and thank the government on this move. While iOS and Android apps have been promised, I'm sure people will want to know if the Windows & Blackberry versions are in the making.

Share your thoughts on this service and what will be the benefits / downsides of this move by the Indian government.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• lovebox
    lovebox
    A welcome move by the MEA, Govt. of India. It would be immensely helpful to all. I just hope it is secure enough.
    Perhaps, very few countries have made a move in this direction. I heard that Canada offers some of the passport related services through apps for Android, iOS and Blackberry.
    There might be other countries offering such services and our members can share info in this regard with us.
  • Zoya Bennet
    Zoya Bennet
    I could say these are the must have apps in today's trend. These are much useful apps that benefits people at greater extent. Android mobile applications development is a boon that serves people at each and every task.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The links are 'no follow'. Try your SEO efforts somewhere else. I've removed the link anyway. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple Inc. has now brought the new Macbook Air powered by Intel's 4th generation Haswell processor in India. Last month, the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2013 witnessed the unveiling of...
India's first fast breeder reactor (PFBR) at Kalpakkam in Tamil Nadu is the first ever commercial fast breeder nuclear reactor currently under its final stages of construction. The Hindu reports...
i have completed my B-Tech from ECE and i got 6 to 7 months free before i get my call letter..so i am thinking of doing a project on my...
Google Science Fair 2013 is home to very innovative projects developed by young, high-school students from over 200 countries. One of the interesting projects that got into the final rounds...
Dear to all experts, I thank you first in advance for all the help and advices given. The question that I would like to ask is regarding the combination of...