Android App For Location Tracking Within The Room

I want to make android app wherein i want to detect the location of some people confined in a particular room ,so i just wanted to ask that if the person's location whom i want to track out is not registerd on my app,so can i still trace out the location of that person,i just want the latitude and longitude values.

therefore, is there a way out to fetch the location of the people through my android app whether they have an android phone or not,through any way ..

Replies

• avii
    avii
    Yes, you can. Android SDK comes with an API
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Our college campus had a really difficult map. They had crammed up all the departments in two adjacent buildings that were connected by two floors. The entire floor map was super confusing for freshers. The staircases went up and down zig-zag from nowhere between two rooms. Not sure who came up with the design.

Anyway, to make life easier for the first year students, a bunch of CS enthusiasts came up with an idea to launch an android/iOS app for GPS-enabled classroom/lab tracking. I don't know if they succeeded or not, but that can be a good project idea for a mini-project in 3rd year engineering.
  • Joginder Sharma
    Joginder Sharma
    I think it is not possible. Only service provider can do this or you need to run her script on the device to find the LatLang.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Joginder Sharma
    I think it is not possible. Only service provider can do this or you need to run her script on the device to find the LatLang.
    what is LatLang?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    radha gogia
    what is LatLang?
    I think he means latitute and longitude

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why can't we assign typecast a boolean into an int ,when internally the representation of boolean is in the form of an int variable holding 0 or 1,i.e. if u...
In the two pics ,the first pic shows that when i declare 2 character variables, and i see the decompiler,it shows that internally jvm takes these two character literals as...
Anyone here uses Google Sheets for maintaining their excel data online? I have multiple spreadsheets and want to combine their data into a single spreadsheet. In the main Google Sheet,...
LG G3 Stylus was launched today in India at a price of Rs. 21,500. So, a CEan requested to start a discussion about the comparison between LG G3 Stylus and...
At a time when people around the world were busy discussing Windows 10, some folks at Microsoft’s research wing were busy finalising a proof-of-concept technology that would transform any room...