Android 7.0 (Nougat) update for Galaxy S6, S6 Edge delayed - Samsung UK

Update [March 9, 2017: 9:18PM, IST]: It looks like Samsung S6 Edge has started getting the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. It's important to note that only select regions are getting the update. We checked and confirm that the firmware isn't available in India at this time. However, it should arrive globally by next week, provided there are no major bug reports from the users.

------------------------------------

Samsung has officially confirmed that the next major software update for Samsung S6 and Samsung S6 Edge has been delayed. The S6 and S6 Edge users across the world have been patiently waiting for Samsung to release the Android 7.0 (Nougat) update for their phones, but it's now official that the waiting time has increased. Samsung UK's official twitter handle confirmed the news via twitter. The company did not provide any ETA for the update either, but advised users to keep auto-update feature on.

Samsung has began rolling out Android 7.0 update for S7 and S7 Edge phones a few days ago and it was generally believed that the S6 phones will get the update by end of February. The company said that the quality of the software is being reviewed. Apparently, Samsung is being more cautious before launching the software update to avoid negative PR it's been getting since last few months.

There are plenty of new features packed in the Android 7.0 update. Most notable ones include ability to change screen resolution, a blue light filter, custom grid layout in the to notification drawer, a video enhancer mode that makes the videos brighter and more vivid. Users will also get a performance adjustment setting and a new camera interface.

Samsung-S6-S6-Edge-Android-7-Nougat

Samsung has also delayed the launch of the new S8 phones. It's believed that the company is taking all the steps to avoid the Note 7 debacle. If you are an S6 or S6 Edge user, what's your take on Samsung's delay of one of the most important firmware update release?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: It appears that the S6 phones in India are now receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Users in India may quickly head over to the software update section within settings to check the status; and report in the comments.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: looks like it was a false positive. The firmware update is NOT being rolled out at this moment. Those who flashed their device with the new firmware are noticing lots of bugs. Looks like the S6 owners will have to wait a little longer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am The Maker. I have been building things with K'NEX and popsicle sticks since I was young and I recently made two videos of my creations. I might...
Flipkart has recently released a teaser confirming the launch date of Moto G5 Plus in India. The phone has been scheduled for 15th of March, 2017 release and will be...
Japanese automaker Suzuki Motor Corp has unveiled the all-new facelift version of its popular hatchback Swift at the ongoing 87th Geneva International Motor Show in Switzerland. The much awaited third...
The rumour is floating around that Google's next Pixel 2 will ditch the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. The 'trend' started by Apple with its iPhone 7 model is likely to...
Honda has finally unveiled the production model of Civic Type R at Geneva Motor Show 2018 after a long wait of around 18 months. The car was showcased as a...