Android 5.1 Update Details Out - Roll Out By Weekend

Most of the Android phones in India have the KitKat version of the OS on their phones and only a few have the Lollipop version. Most of those who didn’t purchase the phone with default version as Lollipop and have received the update OTA often complain that it has slowed down their phone tremendously and consumes a lot of battery. Apparently, keeping this in mind, Google has officially brought out the Android 5.1 update which is expected to roll out by the weekend.

Google says that the update will increase the stability of the phone, will improve the performance and offer some new features as well. One of the most important feature that the update will offer is the ability to support phones with more than one sim card. You will be able to switch between the sim cards without physically swapping them. With the Quick Settings, you can connect to Wi-Fi or maintain control over paired Bluetooth devices directly without opening any other window.

android_5.1_update

The update will also give better security with Device Protection. If your phone is stolen or lost, it will remain locked unless you sign in with your Google account. The phone won’t open even if someone restores your factory settings. This security feature will be available on Nexus 6 and 9 along with the other devices shipped with the Android 5.1 OS.

The update will also provide high definition voice calling with compatible Android 5.1 devices. Other than that, the minor tweaks that the update is offering is improved RAM management, fixes for sudden app closures, improved battery management and general improvements in system stability.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Chirayu Samarth
    One of the most important feature that the update will offer is the ability to support phones with more than one sim card. You will be able to switch between the sim cards without physically swapping them.
    I was in official Motorola soak test team of Moto E like a month ago and support for DSDS was already there in 5.0.2. I guess Motorola team developed the workaround hack of DSDS support for Asia & Brazil retail for E and G.

Whatever it is, I am looking for memory leak bug-fixes. I honestly don't care about features as long as rovo89 (xposed lead dev) is alive.
    Push Memory leak fix, Google!
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Does it cleans out most of the problems in devices which have Android 5.1?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Keerthivasan R
    Does it cleans out most of the problems in devices which have Android 5.1?
    Which 'most of the problems' you're referring to ?
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Abhishek Rawal
    Which 'most of the problems' you're referring to ?
    -Slowed down.
    -More Battery Consumption.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Keerthivasan R
    -Slowed down.
    -More Battery Consumption.
    As they say memory leak fix is pushed in 5.1
    Waiting for CM12.1 to test. I don't see CM12.1 branch in Cyanogen git though.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Just tested CM12.1 (based on 5.1) for my device (Moto E Gen1 - Condor).
    Great work by Google in memory management, finally mem leak fixed! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple has unveiled a new MacBook and it's thinner than ever before. I've always wondered whether people really need thinner devices that compromise on stuff. 'Compromise' is what I call...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT This project “EL-BOW TRANSMISSION” being compact and portable equipment, which is skilful and is having practice in transmitting power at right angle without any...
The Best Post of the Month contest has been renewed for the month of March. All the [USERGROUP=4]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] will be actively monitoring all the posts contributed by CE members till...
Project Abstract / Summary : The project is all about design a sustainable Water supply Design for a city using Epanet Software & The design of sewerage system for a...
Why do analogue clock don't work on recharge battery. And if I run it on main power supply still it don't work but it works with old AA battery...