Android 4 Ice Creme Sandwich & Battery Life Of Phones

Android, no matter how awesome the mobile operating system is; has had a nasty problem- it was very heavy on the battery. Even the phone with the best hardware- Samsung Galaxy SII couldn't last for more than a day. There were multiple reviewers who gave thumbs down to Android's battery utilization problem. Now, I want to know whether Android 4.0.1 solves the problem. Can we have first hand reviews of the new Galaxy Nexus phone; especially focusing on the batter life?

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Is it the OS's fault? Or the hardware?

I don't follow smartphones close enough to know if there are any you can run alternate OSes on.
    You would need that to do a fair comparison between how OSes use or save battery.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to design water tank using limit state method??
Hello, I need some useful advices please help me, I'm from Algeria, finished my studies two years ago, engineer in cs, I'm working as a programmer in php, but I'm...
Hi, I am trying to create a WebService client using WAS 5 and RAD 7. The Webservice requires some hard coded authentication details in the SOAP header . Can anyone...
Michio Kaku sees two major trends in the world today: the first is toward a multicultural, scientific, tolerant society; the other, as evidenced by terrorism, is fundamentalist and monocultural. Whichever...
Independent inventor; mechanically inclined; worked on cars and obsessed with mechanical problem solving. Had an idea 15 years ago, but it was put on the back burner due to life....