Android 4.3 Is Coming - What To Expect From The Update.

The much awaited update of Google's Android OS is now confirmed. When the images of the Google Nexus 4 Smartphone running Android 4.3 was spotted at the Thailand Mobile Expo 2013 and the images of the same floated across the web, Google's operating system became a talk of the tech town over the weekend. Once those images made their way online via the #-Link-Snipped-#, the rumors of the Jelly Bean update were no more seen to be fake. A lot of droid fans were expecting to hear something at the Google I/O conference earlier this month, especially because of the leaks that surfaced prior to the event, but there was no news about it. And now even if there is no official word yet from Google Inc., people are speculating that the update will come around June 10. So, what did these images have that can help us build speculations for the upcoming update? Let's find out.

The two images that are being shared has one featuring Android's standard "About phone" settings screen and the other one could be the new camera interface. Since, there were a lot of complaints regarding the AOSP camera controls when Jelly Bean 4.2 was released, this is good news that Google is working on tweaking it for better. The image suggests that there will be a new see-through action area along with a new activation ring and fresh icons for HDR, contrast, and rotation. Though most people are worried that the Android 4.3 update should be more than just camera's setting enhanced, but that's pretty much all the evidence we have right now.

slide

Android-4-3 Android-jelly-bean-update
It was highly possible that these images are fake, but then we have good reasons to rely on them because two different people have shared photos of what appears to be the same Nexus. Moreover, a lot was added to the credibility of this news, after a video appeared where a visitor navigated through the Android's Camera UI while going through the options of setting location, a countdown timer, picture size and scene mode. Take a look at the video below -​
We are very aware that Google fanboys are expecting a lot more than this with this update. And though its all a big mystery right now, Android 4.3 may feature a support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for conserving battery life (a much needed feature) and the OpenGL for Embedded Systems 3.0 graphics specification for advanced visual effects. We would like to know what the engineers here are expecting for their own droids. Share with us in comments.​

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The biggest question I have in my mind that, its not even 18 months, I bought my Galaxy S2, which was than latest phone, I am running it on Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

No matter what version Android will release, when it will support my device??

I am sure, if they will release 5.0 that won't support my device, atleast for first few months (till they decide to support S2 ?)

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Flash latest CyanogenMod ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's something for those who love early morning excitement. Crazy as it may seem, only Japanese could have thought of something like this. A japanese online store called Sirobako.com, run...
As the Samsung Galaxy S4 created ripples after being launched in Indian markets for a price of Rs. 41,500, here's some news that's developing waves all over. Samsung Galaxy S4...
Lets discuss differences between an interface and an abstract class in Java,to start with- An abstract class can have non-abstract method but an interface cannot.
Every signal traveling through a transmission medium gathers noise and as the distance increases so does the noise. Conventional ways to reduce noise are good but what if we can...
Nokia India has revealed on its website that the company's new flagship phone Lumia 925 is 'coming soon'. Unveiled earlier this month, Nokia Lumia 925 is the smartphone with the...