Ancient Indian Contribution remains un-noticed

In one of the Indian Science Congress session, Capt. Anand J. Bodas, the retired principal of a pilot training facility, told “There is official history and unofficial history about invention of airplanes. Official history only noted that the Wright Brothers flew the first plane in 1903, The ancient planes had 40 small engines." Also, he said, a flexible exhaust system that modern aviation can't even approach were installed in the plane made during ancient times, The Wright Brothers thought they were inventing the airplane, but an ancient Hindu Sage beat them to it, about 7,000 years ago"...

If the above fact is correct, I salute the inventor. But should not we think that, if such statements are made/spoken, there must be some reference available for the reader. This will reduce the debate on the ingenuity of the fact spoken by anyone!
I would like to know the views of my friends in CE, what they think about the inventions made by Indian Ancient Scientist? Please share if you know few of them?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am a skeptic. If we had all those inventions and technologies, why were they lost? There were no Dark Ages in India as in Europe.
    India did have systematic medical systems and surgical procedures, not necessarily the modern version of procedures, all of which are still available for study. India did have developments in mathematics and astronomy, again available for study.

It is puerile to make claims of extraordinary aerospace capability with nothing to back them except some scriptures.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    A.V.Ramani
    It is puerile to make claims of extraordinary aerospace capability with nothing to back them except some scriptures
    Exactly.. I agree Sir!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A decade ago we used to associate the term with teraflops with supercomputers but from this year we shall relate them with mobile chips. NVIDIA has unveiled the Tegra X1...
We've an awesome update for all of you, folks! We've just received the shipment of hoodies at our office and they are AWESOME! We'd post a selfie wearing the hoodies...
One of the multinational companies, Lenovo has announced that it will introduce the latest ThinkPad X1 Carbon ultrabook and ThinkVision X24 monitor at CES 2015. The eminent electronics and technology...
I am working in panel Manufacture company and we usually to check wiring , can anyone suggest a simulator for electrical wiring. Thanks in advance...
Do you have any idea about Fire Drill? Are you aware of the importance of it? By knowing very simple facts about it, you may save many lives including yours!!...