An MCA fresher who became CEO of TCS

Just read an article, and thought of sharing it! It's very old, but is gold!!!
A business degree is not always necessary to run a huge empire. This is a proven fact now and the new business theory is made by N. Chandrasekaran , CEO and MD of Asia's largest software company TCS.

Chandra is neither from TATA family nor from the friends of Ratan Tata. Chandra joined TCS after just finishing his Master of Computer Application (MCA) from NIT Trichy as a fresher in 1986.

Before MCA chandra obtained his B Sc degree in applied sciences from Coimbatore.He is the youngest CEO(46) of any company of TATA group.

Chandra worked in various departments and geolocations for TCS since his joining. He worked as a sales head for various business operations of TCS. In his mentorship TCS did remarkable work in various sectors like BPO,media and information services.

Chandra is member of various groups and institutions. He is the member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE).

Finance Asia magzine voted him for the best CEO of year 2010.

The journey of Chandra in TCS is a big example of a successful professional career. The man who joined company as a fresher became the CEO without obtaining any foriegn degree or MBA.

Replies

• born_star16
    born_star16
    Great article. But nowadays companies don't entertain freshers so much.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Those are things of the past, you can rarely see that happening to a fresher again. But guys like him I admire because they remain determined and steadfast in their endevours and they are able to rise to the top. They are also some of wisest people out there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Similar story: Mr. A.M. Naik joined L&T as a junior engineer and now heads the company. A. M. Naik
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Similar story: Mr. A.M. Naik joined L&T as a junior engineer and now heads the company. A. M. Naik
    26 years and he's the Chairman! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth​ ​​ ​“A ‘Blue Marble’ image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA’s most recently launched Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP....
For my final year BE project have planned to implement remote desktop access via android, thou many apps are already available in the android market, planning to have new features....
I need to extract text from the image files. I am developing in c#.net and i tried using MODI, but it stopped working when i execute the code. Is there...
I am in final year of B.Tech, Comp Science. I'd like to know how to apply PhD programme at TIFR. TIA 😁
We invite software designers to join us and start influencing the environment by improving the efficiency of operations through profitable software development. We are offering positions as Motor Control Software...