AMD FX-9000 Series Processor With 5 GHz Turbo Speed Unveiled

At a time when the world is busy witnessing the epic battle between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, AMD has brought good news for PC users with the unveiling of AMD FX-9000 Series processor. This processor is the world’s first commercially available processor that can be over-clocked to 5 GHz. This 8 core CPUs will surely be miles ahead of the competition. The processors will be available in two variants, the FX-9590 and FX-9370 which can be clocked to up to 5GHz and 4.7 GHz respectively.

AMD FX

The processors have been made with the “Piledriver” architecture and have been unlocked for easy overclocking. To optimize this high end processor, AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology has also been incorporated in these chips to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores for efficient processing of intense workloads.The FX-9000 Series CPUs will be available initially in PCs through system integrators globally from this summer.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    5 GHz is "Turbo Clock Speed" & not "Base Clock Speed". The base clock won't be more than 4.1 GHz that's what I assume.
    Have you wondered why Next-gen consoles "XBOX One" & "PS4" uses "Jaguar" module system (Modified with 12% IPC boost though) & not "Bulldozer" or AMD APU Richland's model ?
    Jaguar uses 8 cores each of 1.6 GHz & Richland 4.1 Ghz with 4 cores, overall the performance is almost the same (mathematically, but technically might differ)

Anyways, I am keen to know : Why the hell Consoles uses Jaguar module & not Richland ?
    and, what will be the price in India ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    AMD is now attracting enthusiast their side. performance in much less price.
    My guess FX-9000 going to be around 15K in India.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've kept on postponing building an AMD rig, just waiting for the right proc to come out. Been pretty disappointed with their previous offerings. Let see how this one performs!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wordpress App update for Android is a definite improvement over the previous edition. Version 2.4 has facilitated reader interactions for users who have a WordPress blog and use it on-the-go....
Touchscreens are everywhere. They are now replacing the displays of almost every device we operate on, come in many sizes, from a small display on a watch, right up to...
Google has closed the long-anticipated deal by buying Israeli mapping startup Waze on Tuesday. The acquisition cost just over $1 Billion, as reported by sources. Waze's tagline reads 'Outsmarting Traffic,...
Here's an idea for your final year electronics or electrical engineering project - the concept itself has been designed by Audi; but I'm sure the smarter students will add their...
On Tuesday, China fired off its Shenzhou-10 spacecraft with three of the astronauts on board: commander Nie Haisheng; Zhang Xiaoguang, assistant to Nie; and female crew member Wang Yaping who...