Amazon Prime Videos (India) - Worth It?

Amazon has just announced the launch of Amazon Prime Video in India. The service is cheapest of all the similar competing services in India like Hotstar (Rs. 190/mo) and NetFlix India ( Rs. 650/mo). Amazon's prime membership is currently being offered at Rs. 499 per year; and you can't go wrong with it because the same service costs $99/year in the US! It's CHEAP in India.

I've had a look at the content but none seem to cater to my taste. But that said, the options are huge and some original content is making its way to Amazon Prime in association with Dharma Productions.

Do you think Amazon Prime Videos India is worth it?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    After accidentally (and forcefully) subscribing to Amazon Prime, I've quite utilized the services and I won't say I am unhappy. After reading this post, I went straight to see if the same prime subscription works for the videos too and it did. I've started watching a series too in there. 😁
    Looking good so far.
    I think 499/year for legal contents is worth paying for. At least I am willing to give that.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    [Prototype]
    I think 499/year for legal contents is worth paying for. At least I am willing to give that.
    I could not agree more and your thinking resounds with that of many of my friends who believe that 499/year isn't heavy on their pockets and they feel relieved about watching content legally. Great move by Amazon, IMHO. They are sure to give a tough time to Hotstar and Netflix India.

It turns out that competition between the biggies proves super fruitful for the consumers, time and again. We get to enjoy leading services for cheaper prices.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Downloading torrents is officially illegal in India and I'm wondering if you know anyone's been arrested for downloading torrents. What I'm trying to know is whether the government has already...
Lenovo’s 2-in-1 Yoga Book has finally landed in India, which was unveiled back at IFA 2016 in Windows and Android versions. Although only Windows 10 version has been announced in...
Hi everyone...! I am an civil engineering final year student with some backlogs I am an civil engineering final year student with some backlogs.And a can clear them so easily...
I've been experimenting with various JavaScript libraries that let you drag and drop content to upload it to the server. So far, dropzone.js seems to be among the best one...