Amazon Prime Air, India & Whether Flipkart Should Launch Similar Service?

I'm totally impressed by Amazon Prime Air - the latest 30 minute delivery service launched by world's biggest online retailer - Amazon. The service is not available in India and I doubt amazon has any plans to launch it here. But I was wondering if such a service would be successful in India. Most importantly, do you think Flipkart will follow Amazon and launch a similar service?

Delivery through air drones may indicate the future of parcel delivery. It's quick, fast and efficient. But in order to be successful in India; such services will have to act differently. I'm quite sure kids would love to take down the drone with stones. You can't rule out the drone being taken down, stolen and the parcel to be stolen right when it's on its way.

What do you think about Amazon Prime Air and how can a similar, 30 minute delivery service be made possible in India?

Replies

• pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm totally impressed by Amazon Prime Air - the latest 30 minute delivery service launched by world's biggest online retailer - Amazon. The service is not available in India and I doubt amazon has any plans to launch it here. But I was wondering if such a service would be successful in India. Most importantly, do you think Flipkart will follow Amazon and launch a similar service?

Delivery through air drones may indicate the future of parcel delivery. It's quick, fast and efficient. But in order to be successful in India; such services will have to act differently. I'm quite sure kids would love to take down the drone with stones. You can't rule out the drone being taken down, stolen and the parcel to be stolen right when it's on its way.

What do you think about Amazon Prime Air and how can a similar, 30 minute delivery service be made possible in India?
    As mentioned, can get stolen is the major risk, but the idea of delivery in 30 minutes is great as I do shop from flipkart. They will need to have stock ready and more number of retailers around.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Holy Cow 😲 . What is delivery charge?
    If this service launched in India, Every home will have their own drone after a delivery of amazon 😁.
    What do they do to deal with flying kites ☕.

PS: can anyone tell me where to buy this kind of toy in India.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm quite sure kids would love to take down the drone with stones.
    LOL. I was just thinking about this. Also, if there are say hundreds of these flying in the air, won't that be a trouble?

The project is just in the R&D stage right now I guess.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yeah, we are very much experienced with stealing mangoes using stones from neighbor's garden. 😏

Amazon gonna drop this prime air project in India after noticing this thread😁
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    When they might have come up with this idea, as we all got the first problem is people rioting with devices, they must have got that idea too. So they know. Plus its not been launched in India
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This one is and old discussion; but looks like Amazon's actually taking the concept very seriously. Amazon has released a new drone that does the delivery 'right'. Check out this video -

Do you think Flipkart and Snapdeal should try to be the first ones to do this in India on a mass scale?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read somewhere that people think it's a good idea to use them to drop christmas presents down the chimney. 😁 Everyone on the YouTube comments section is going wild with how the thugs are going to shoot down these drones and steal all their PUMA!
    Wonder what Jeff Bezos's thoughts are on that matter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sharp has launched its huge 90-inch 3D LED TV - the LC-90LE740X in India at an equally huge price. The 90-inch TV features a AQUOS LED screen that has a...
can any one suggest me for best institute for embedded systems training in pune
Researchers at University of Toronto have formulated a new series of techniques to produce iron-based catalysts required in the synthesis of amine and alcohols used in the drug and perfume...
Hello Friends,i want to make a career in cyber security.i want do ditiss from cdac pune. but problem is that i have completed my b.e. in electronics in2006. i have...
Solar energy is the "energy of the future" - You hear quite a lot of ignorant people say that. The fact is not all people know about it. What we...