Amazon Kindle Voyage 3G And Wi-Fi Variants Now Available In India

Time to rejoice for e-book readers! Amazon India has launched the latest version of Kindle called 'Voyage' for Indian consumers. Kindle is the e-book reader offered by Amazon and Kindle Voyage is the company’s fifth product in this segment. Kindle Voyage is believed to be the best Kindle offered by Amazon. The company unveiled this ebook reader earlier in US and has now made it available for purchases on Amazon. The Kindle Voyage is thinner and lighter than Kindle Paperwhite and offers more features with improved battery life. The latest reading gadget would be available in two variants- Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + 3G.

Kindle-Voyage-Now-In-India

Kindle Voyage comes with 6-inch display with Carta e-paper technology with 300ppi. It offers adaptive front light that adjusts automatically. The Wi-Fi variant weighs approximately 180gm while 3G variant weighs 188gm and have dimensions 162 mm x 115 mm x 7.6 mm. On-board device storage capacity is 4GB, which is enough to carry thousands of e-books. Amazon also offers free cloud storage for all Amazon content. The device supports Kindle format 8 (AZW), TXT, PDF, HTML, DOC, DOCX, unprotected MOBI, JPG, PNG, BMP through conversion.

Kindle-Voyage-Now-In-India-Origami-Cover

The Kindle Voyage can be charged via USB cable. The device need approximately 3 hours to charge fully. One single charge lasts up-to six weeks on half hour of daily usage with Wi-Fi turned off and light setting at 10. Connectivity options in Wi-Fi include the support for 802.11b/g/n with WEP, WPA and WPA2 security and WPS. The box includes the device, USB charging cable and quick start guide. An origami cover is also available for hands-free reading. Unlike other Kindles, this one offers high resolution display, adaptive front light, PagePress sensor allows page turns without lifting a finger. Kindle Voyage would be available exclusively on Amazon and is priced at #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    The device is absolutely worth it if you are a book lover. But these seem to be a bit overpriced. I have used one (the most basic version) for almost 6 months now. If you want to get started with Kindle, and don't have much cash to splurge, I'd recommend #-Link-Snipped-#s.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Chaitanya Kukde
    The device is absolutely worth it if you are a book lover. But these seem to be a bit overpriced. I have used one (the most basic version) for almost 6 months now. If you want to get started with Kindle, and don't have much cash to splurge, I'd recommend #-Link-Snipped-#s.
    Agree. Kindle is "the device" for distraction-free reading.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The local handset maker, Lava International Ltd has announced a new dual SIM smartphone called ‘Lava Iris 414’ on its official website. The low-budget Android smartphone has a price tag...
Today i was downloading a file over the internet and the person who uploaded it has compressed it really much that the final size of a 111MB file was only...
Leap Motion is a company that has a proprietary technology associated with it that can track in-air movement of all 10 fingers with great accuracy and the platform supports PC...
guys plse tell me details of cdac exam,and if have any material regarding cdac plse send mee.....................................
After launching two new Windows-based hybrid tablet PCs, iBall Slide WQ149i and Slide WQ149R, the Indian mobile manufacturer has launched a new Wi-Fi only tablet- Slide Q40i. The company confirmed...