Amazon Introduces India Edge Locations For CloudFront & Route 53 Services

Finally, Amazon has launched two new India edge locations in Chennai & Mumbai to cater to the CloudFront and Route 53 web services, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS) suite. These locations will help lower the latency and also improve the performance for the end users. With the new locations in India, Amazon web services now have 42 worldwide locations. Existing users of these two service need not do anything on their own.

aws

Requests made to CloudFront and Route 53 will automatically be served from closest locations in India - Mumbai or Chennai. Amazon says that they've been seeing growing user base in India and surrounding countries. Several Indian consumers had requested edge location in India. The two services will ensure the delivery of your entire website (dynamic content included), live and on-demand streaming media and also the SSL certificates.

Amazon CloudFront is the content distribution network widely used by popular websites, including CrazyEngineers. When users request content, Amazon CloudFront figures out the user's location and then routes the traffic to the nearest edge location. With Amazon edge location in India, users will experience faster loading sites and other content.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Finally they figured out upcoming web market of India.
    Amazon is slowly, sweeping out cloud (hosting and computing) market ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans may know that CrazyEngineers images (the ones in the posts) are loaded from CloudFront CDN. Which means, if you are near Chennai; the images are getting served to you from Chennai servers. If you are nearer to Mumbai, you are getting images served from Mumbai!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can someone please help me out for measuring the coefficient of thermal expansion of a material practically?
can someone suggest me a book which i can enjoy the subject of strength of materils?
So, UK thinks that India, Nigeria, Ghana, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are the countries that cater to 'high-risk' visitors. UK will go ahead with a pilot scheme and it's...
The IT slowdown may have hit the IT industry; but I've been hearing that Infosys, which is currently under Mr. Narayana Murthy is all set to make a difference this...
I have always noted that, birds stand on the open-wire of the between two electric poles, but nothing happens to them. Even though very large amount of current is passing...