Amazon Fire TV Price In India

If you are just as excited about the Amazon Fire TV and curious to know its price in India; look no further. I did a quick survey of the prices of the rival products; the price of Amazon Fire TV in India will be around Rs. 8000 or a little lesser. Note that Amazon is also selling add-ons like Gaming controllers for those who want to use the Fire TV as a gaming machine. The price of gaming controller will be about Rs. 2000 and that's just my wild guess.

Amazon's machine is quite interesting. It not only offers better hardware; but also doubles up as a gaming device. I've covered the detailed tech-specs of the Amazon Fire TV = Set Top Box + Gaming Console in a separate post. The official launch date is yet to be announced; but I guess it'll be made available to Indian users by the end of 2014.

What do you think?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, we've an update! The Google Chromecast now available in India with a price tag of Rs. 3099 will retail in India with a price tag of about Rs. 3000+. The price varies on various stores - with Amazon selling it for Rs. 3099 and eBay.in is selling it for Rs. ~3990. That means if Amazon launches their Fire TV in India - it's going to be in the Rs. 8000+ range and my best guess now is Rs. 10000.

Only time will tell what pricing Amazon has in mind for the FireTV. Let's wait and watch.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

W W W in less than two minutes with David Attenborough:
Engineering researchers from the University of Michigan have developed a one-of-its-kind light detector that operates at room temperature and is capable of sensing the full infrared spectrum all through putting...
Remember Yahoo Messenger? The app with 'Y' & smiley icon continued to be one of your favorite one a few years ago. It's still alive and getting more secure; says...
Quote: What are the chances of being attacked and killed by a shark? Let’s just say the odds are higher of being smothered to death after digging a large hole...
Well i guess today most of us here must have outgrown this so called "real cartoon show", and may not even be watching it. The main reason being that this...