Amazon Echo - The Crazy New Interactive Speaker You Ought To Know About

If smart devices talking back to you when asked don't intimidate you and are used to giving voice commands by now, here's a new interactive device that's smart and can sit in a corner of your room. Amazon, the e-commerce giant, has launched a new voice-controlled speaker called Echo that not only lets the users purchase and listen to music available on Amazon, but it goes beyond and does much more. It listens to the user's commands and answers questions about information, news, weather etc. The hands-free device is connected to the cloud and can be paired & controlled effortlessly with any Android/iOS/FireOS device, Amazon's smartphone or desktop browsers using the Amazon Echo app. Jeff Bezos, the CEO of the online retailer is pretty excited about the new virtual assistant.

Right from setting alarm to answering and doing the needful when asked to "Add bread to my shopping list", "How's the weather in Los Angeles this weekend?", "Play music by Bruno Mars", "Wikipedia Martin Luther King" or "How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon", the Amazon Echo is supposed to be your family's companion.

Amazon-Echo-KeyFeaturesDeviceโ€‹

How does it work?

The technical answer is "Far Field Voice Recognition". In simpler words, Amazon Echo's features an array of seven microphones, which are capable of hearing the users from any direction. It responds to any wake-up word such 'Alexa' as is mentioned in the video below. Moreover, Echo can multi-task. If a music is already playing out of the speaker, thanks to the enhanced noise cancellation, Echo can still hear you ask a question. As mentioned earlier, Echo is connected to the cloud i.e. it is running on Amazon Web Services and therefore as you keep using Echo, it adapts to your vocabulary, patterns of speech and personal preferences.

That's ok, what about the music and sound quality?

The company boasts off about the dual downward-firing speakers incorporated in Amazon Echo that produce 360ร‚ยฐ omni-directional audio for an immersive sound experience. Apart from listening to your favorite playlists on Amazon Music, Prime Music, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn, Amazon Echo can stream music via iTunes, Spotify or Pandora via Bluetooth connectivity.

The official page for Echo lists that some more features are coming soon and Echo will get auto-updates as and when they arrive. Priced at $99 for Amazon Prime members, the Amazon Echo is otherwise officially priced at $199. Those keen on buying should check the website for invites opening this week. Till then, do take a look at a video put together by Amazon to explore how Amazon Echo actually works -

โ€‹
What are your thoughts on the new Amazon Echo interactive speaker? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    Seems so Technified Gadget ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Amazing product from Amazon - Amazon Echo.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Should connect to Wolfram Alpha to do calculations as well. What say?
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Should connect to Wolfram Alpha to do calculations as well. What say?
    Yea ! ๐Ÿ˜€ but i guess we have missed this feature ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I love this kind of features. It makes me to love tech more but i fear that it would create a void in families.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I love this kind of features. It makes me to love tech more but i fear that it would create a void in families.
    I fear same
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    It may be a toy fou us, however, it will make life easier for handicapped persons and even it is recommended for ederly persons in a dependency situation. Assuming this device will establish an emergency call to the local medical emergency number, when requested by the user.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Smiech
    It may be a toy fou us, however, it will make life easier for handicapped persons and even it is recommended for ederly persons in a dependency situation. Assuming this device will establish an emergency call to the local medical emergency number, when requested by the user.
    I like your idea of application in various situations

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Folks! I would like to know that how can I make my post visible on homepage of crazy engineer? Any idea? Please help! I am a Auto Engineer and...
i would like to know any variety of non-green materials used in/for construction as far as civil engineering especially structural engineering is concerned...any body with anything..pleas help..
Good Evening to every one, This is praneet I did b.tech (civil) Present I working in private company as a site engineer I want to leave this company Plz if...
Hai to every 1 This is PRANEETH I'm new to this I completed b.tech (civil) If u know any jobs plz inform me Thanx to all ๐Ÿ˜€
Can anyone give me the complete working and architecture of TSK(The Sleuth Kit) which is a forensic tool.