Amazon Drones Coming To India In Diwali, To Deliver Gifts In 90 Minutes

Amazon's drones are coming to India; specifically Mumbai and Bangalore to deliver your Diwali gifts. Economic Times has reported that India will act as the launchpad for Amazon's drone-powered deliveries. After you place your order, the drone will bring the shipment to your place in less than 90 minutes. The drones are capable of carrying payloads of about 2.26 Kg; which cover ~85% of the total products Amazon delivers.

For example, if you order a mobile phone, A drone will pick it up from the delivery center in Mumbai or Bangalore and then ship it directly to the address you mentioned.

Question: If amazon indeed launches drones to deliver shipments in India; will you place an order; just for the sake of 'testing'? And what are your overall thoughts on drone based delivery?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I will order to keep the drone 😁
    Yo, drone I am ready...
    gulel game
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Too much interference for these in Gujarat in the Kite flying season I guess? 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Too much interference for these in Gujarat in the Kite flying season I guess? 😁
    Yeah it will be for sure. solution is they come up with some flame fighter technology which burns the thread and kites ;-)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ The public is not going to be happy to read that. ☕
    In other words, Janta maaf nai karegi. 👀
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ha...! Let Amazon try to deliver them in Kerala. I want to see how the unions are gonna deal with them them to secure the jobs of courier service workers.

In addition ain't Amazon is a capitalist, bourgeois and proletarian company?

PS: Any Malayalees, please tell me what is the English for"പ്രതിലോമ ശക്തി "

PPS: Never mind. I got it. It seems " Retrograde Power". 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure they aren't going to do that everywhere. The drones need to create more jobs than the jobs it kills - else it's going to be a direct war between the jobless and the drones; and that's going to be 'OK' till the drones aren't equipped with weapons.
  • lal
    lal
    Be not surprised if Amazon finds its drones hijacked in their very first flight itself. Dare not to cross the Bermuda Indian Triangle 😁

Shoot a drone and if you hit it, you get a flying robot and a gift! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I bet the DSLR owners will be recognized as "the photographers" only of they capture the drones. Earlier they had to capture and upload the pic of a flying sparrow to Facebook in order to be recognised as one. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony Electronics has launched a new ultra-portable camera called the α5100 (model ILCE-5100) which is ultra-lightweight and packs inside it superior image capturing capabilities. Being promoted as the speedy camera,...
Hello Friends, I am Jayasanker. R, working as Civil Engineer in Qatar. Hope all are fine. Recently joined in this community thinking that I will get new ideas and news...
I am a ECE student.I am preparing for GATE 2015. I have dropped out last year and scored only 40 marks in after doing self study. But this year I...
Hi CEans am planning to buy a smartphone under 10k .I searched for months but the thing is not all specs satisfies within a single phone ! if one phone...
Arvind Sanjeev, Chief Inventor and Founder of A.R.S. Devices, has developed 'Smart Cap'an augmented reality head-mounted display that works just like Google Glass, for less than $75 or Rs 4,500...