Am Rupavathi. finished BE ECE. now am confused what field should i choose. anybody suggest me

Either a core or IT. If it is core, How will be the future

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupavathi
    Either a core or IT. If it is core, How will be the future
    Assuming that your question is job related, I'm moving it to appropriate section. Also, it's not exactly clear what your question is. It would be nice if you could describe your question a bit in more detail so that it's easier for us to answer.
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    I had this doubt when i started my career 8 years ago.

These are just my views/experiences as I am also from ECE background:

1) There is hell lot of competition in IT industry and it will be. The reason is any body can enter IT like students from Mechanical,Civil, Electrical and even MBA grads, compared to ECE where no body can enter except students who studied electronics in their college.
    Why people enter IT when there is so much competition? The answer is there are huge opportunities/vacancies compared to other field.

2) If you take core ECE as your choice, you might become one of the below after few years:
    Working for ISRO or DRDO or BEL
    Working for Texas Instruments or Sandisk or Apple

3) If you choose IT you might become a facebook or google employee.

4) If you are interested/ enjoyed in learning any of the subjects like VHDL,VLSI, Satellite communications,DSP,microprocessor,microcontrollers you should stick to ECE.

5) or if you enjoyed writing C code or learning about operating systems or solving algorithms like hanoi tower problems in your engineering then you have interest in IT field.

The decision is in your hands on where you want to see yourself and what you want to become in future.

Note: If i can go back in time, I would start my career in ECE field rather than IT.

These are just views on the IT field compared to ECE. I may be little biased towards ECE but i tried my best not to...Anyway you should talk to lot of people before taking any decision as this is a very major step.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im pursuing 7th semester of final year civil engg. I wanna do a mini project..but i dont have any idea to do... please suggest some environmental related projects to do...
when you inflate a car tyre machine is called compressor, but when u do same for bicycle tyre it is called pump. Why? What is the difference?
Hllo everyone.. I am new here... Can u please tell me can I get a job with bad academic.. My percentage are around 55 but my communication and social activities...
please tell me the reasons why java does not support multiple inheritance?
Hello everyone, I want to learn Hadoop Technology. Can any one Suggest the best portal for this. Thanks in advance