All You Need to Know About LEDs

Quote:
An Light Emitting Diode is an electronic device that emits light when current is passed through it. LEDs are small, extremely efficient, bright, cheap, electronic components. People think that LEDs are just common light emitting components & tend to overlook the Interesting Facts & Features of LEDs. In this instructable I will teach you 'All You Need to Know About LEDs' which includes their Working, Voltage, Current and Power Ratings, Builds, Types, Resistor Calculator for LEDs, Uses, Testing & a Simple LED circuit.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    In addition to these features ,LED can also produce voltage when light falls on the junction.
    I had done some experiments on that and found that
    crystall(transparent) LEDs produce maximum voltage when compared to others
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    #-Link-Snipped-# : You should think about why the LED is doing what you claim it is doing. 😉

I would have a doubt on the current produced by incidence of light though, LEDs and photodiodes have different optimisation parameters.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    If it makes the importance of LEDs stand out any better, consider this: This year's Nobel Prize winners in Physics have won it for invention of Blue LEDs (in early 1990s), source: BBC.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a matlab program. In that program I do not know the function for plotting a circle. Whether it is fplot, ez plot, funplot. Can any body guide me?...
Microsoft has officially announced the next Windows operating system and if you were expecting it to be called Windows 9, please be informed that the next Windows will be called...
does pre-process deduplication worths now-a-day?? am doing my final project in this technology, kindly give some idea to proceed with it.
Quote: Google’s cofounders may have downplayed that they’re interested in turning the tech giant into a healthcare company. But their company sure hasn’t been acting that way lately. While Apple...
In my opinion, computers were mostly used for two main purposes: 'Entertainment' and 'Real Business'. Entertainment had everything - from games, movies, videos, photos to music et al. 'Real Business'...