Alibaba to create magic with YunOS and four wheels.

With the growing innovations in almost every domain of technology, Alibaba seems all set to add another domain in its investments list. Therefore, Chinese online retailer has decided to make Google as its next big competitor in automobile arena by launching its connected car. This joint venture would be carried out by joining hands with state-controlled SAIC Motor to create a $160 million project to develop connected cars. According to Alibaba, it will be a self driven car with complete internet access. It will be connected with the other cars through cloud. It could be self-driven for a day. The Hangzhou-based company may probably use its own operating system YunOS in connected cars. YunOS has already been tested out in Meizu smartphones. One of the best online retailers on this planet said they will provide many tech features such as cloud computing, communications, digital entertainment, and mapping services under this joint venture with SAIC. The e-commerce giant said the pair is looking to set technology, customer experience and service standards in Internet-connected vehicles.

What do you think about this new adversery to the Google's driverless car.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

South Korean electronics maker LG just introduced two new products in its LED projectors range. According to the LG press, these new products are portable projectors that will come under...
Dear all, If you notice anything suspicious on CrazyEngineers like URLs linking to unwanted websites or browsers showing any warning message (viz. possible malware on the site) or anything that...
i want to do certification on cloud computing. cloud computing is good for my future? Now i am in 6th sem with IT stream. plz give me your suggestions.
If you are still using a landline at your home or office in the age of wireless internet devices, here's a good news for you from the folks at Tata...
Suzuki Motorcycles is gearing up for the unveiling of its new flagship motorcycle in the 150cc segment as reports arrive of the launch event for Suzuki Gixxer SF bike, the...