Algo for a paper Steganography

I have studied a paper recently based on steganography and i am seeking for a simple working algorithm ...can anybody post it please..i've gone through some algorithms which are quite complex for a beginner to understand.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    bugade Anu
    I have studied a paper recently based on steganography and i am seeking for a simple working algorithm ...can anybody post it please..i've gone through some algorithms which are quite complex for a beginner to understand.
    Steganography is complex in itself, as you are hiding the data. So in order to do so, u must know the data format of the carrier as well as algorithm which u are going to hide your data in it.
    For simplification, E.g we have a 24 bit bmp file, so each pixel will be having 3 bytes,(3X8=24) one for each R,G and B. Take for example of byte of R (Red) part 1byte=8 bits.
    (ie value from 0 to 255). Let us assume the value of this R is 8 (00001000) and if we want to store our value of 2 in it, it becomes (00001010)=10, but this change is negligible & so it will not reflect in the color of image. Similarly for G & B parts we may
    store some other values (and we know we are change only 2 Lower Bits),
    In this manner we store our data in the file.
    While decrypting the message we know we need to read only 2 lower Bits, so reading 2 lower bits of each pixel (R,G,B) of the file will give us back our message, which we encoded.
    This is the simplest way I could think of putting it.
    Hope it helps!
  • bugade Anu
    bugade Anu
    rahul69
    Steganography is complex in itself, as you are hiding the data. So in order to do so, u must know the data format of the carrier as well as algorithm which u are going to hide your data in it.
    For simplification, E.g we have a 24 bit bmp file, so each pixel will be having 3 bytes,(3X8=24) one for each R,G and B. Take for example of byte of R (Red) part 1byte=8 bits.
    (ie value from 0 to 255). Let us assume the value of this R is 8 (00001000) and if we want to store our value of 2 in it, it becomes (00001010)=10, but this change is negligible & so it will not reflect in the color of image. Similarly for G & B parts we may
    While decrypting the message we know we need to read only 2 lower Bits, so reading 2 lower bits of each pixel (R,G,B) of the file will give us back our message, which we encoded.
    Hope it helps![/
    rahul69
    Hope it helps!
    Thanks rahul..n yeah now i've got an idea about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Motorola created buzz by launching the successor of immensely-popular Moto E. We got hands on the new Moto E 2015 (2nd Gen) as it launched on Flipkart. Let us look...
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC was one of the favourites of this year’s MWC event. They introduced a fabulous flagship HTC One M9 and last year they made their first tablet...
The new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid is a car that will be loved by parents and hated by teenagers. It’s one of the first cars from the General Motors owned...
Launching tools for developers seems to be as important nowadays as launching actual applications for end users. Recently, Facebook unveiled various services for its end users that it can provide...
It is a sad fact that even after so much advance in our technology, there are very few devices to ease the already difficult life of specially-abled people. It seems...