Airtel 4G Now In India - What Will You Do With 100 Mbps?

The technology is ready, but are people ready? Apart from downloading HD movies and uploading all your heavy-duty photographs on Facebook or Dropbox, what else do you plan to do with Airtel 4G?

Read the Airtel 4G news here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Howdy!? ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I'll take backups of server on my home computer! 100 Mbps is quite cool!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    One thing is for sure: Everyone will be able to watch 1080 pixel - HD videos on YouTube without bandwidth concerns. Piracy will increase exponentially - because people will upload stuff really quickly.
    At the moment we use Gmail or Hotmail, but if we have a 100Mbps connection at home, why not host our own mail server? And we can do it for all the services available on the internet at the moment.
    The end result could be a decentralized internet that closely mimics human settlement and society. ๐Ÿ˜จ

Will 100Mbps internet connections destroy the web as we know it?
    Read an interesting perspective here: Will 100Mbps internet connections destroy the web as we know it? | ExtremeTech

What do you think, folks?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Where are all the chatty people in the world?
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I gotta say, the money sounds alright for 4g!! I think this is going to be awesome; I can't wait to play speed-intensive games online.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    What will you do with FUP?

If they take out the FUP, then I would love to back up all my data (yes ALL of it) on Rackspace servers.

Or with the roll out of Google Drive, go for a premium account and keep all of it online.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Oh well, my own hosting company will be started soon! ๐Ÿ˜€

Just a firewall, a good antivirus, a small modem and an AC... ๐Ÿ˜ Woo hoo!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

PS: Did you guys read about the hardware costs? 7777??? WTF!!! Sorry guys... Lolz... Let the price drop...
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    lol, I think we will need to merge this thread with this one - #-Link-Snipped-#
    kidakaka
    lol, I think we will need to merge this thread with this one - #-Link-Snipped-#
    How are both of these related?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Praveen-Kumar
    How are both of these related?
    Dude, setup your own hosting center and give our hosting at the same rates ๐Ÿ˜€
    kidakaka
    Dude, setup your own hosting center and give our hosting at the same rates ๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airtel has finally launched 4G services in India and here's the tariff plan: - What do you guys think about the pricing Airtel's coming up with? Happy with it? By...
We know that SCJP provides a golden opportunity to learn java. I wanted to know what is job-market value of this certification? Does this certification helps when applying for internships?
Microsoft is planning to bring the Microsoft Office programs like Word, Powre Point and Excel to Symbian Belle system. Nokia 701, Nokia 700, Nokia 603, Nokia E7, Nokia X7, Nokia...
Hi CEans, I am working on a problem in which I want to upload large amount of data to Oracle Database. I want to upload 10 files, each of say...
Hello, I am a student from IIT Kharaghpur. I am from Electrical Engineering Department. I like to know new things and concepts and also want to be up to date...