Aircel 4G tests start in Andhra Pradesh - Commercial launch will take time

Following the leads by Airtel & Reliance Jio, Aircel could be the next mobile network operator in India to launch 4G services. The operator is currently testing the network in Andhra Pradesh (AP). The company however says that the commercial launch of the 4G LTE services will have to wait for a few more months. It's clear that Reliance will be the first mobile operator to roll out 4G services in Andhra Pradesh and Aircel is likely to be the next.

At present, Airtel is the only network that's providing 4G services in Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune and Chandigarh. Reliance Jio, the telecom arm of Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Group is expected to make a big launch of the nationwide 4G services in India in 2014. The company is already gung-ho about setting up required infrastructure. It's important to note that Reliance Jio is the only company to have pan-India 4G network rollout permission.

aircel-4G-ap

Aircel's AP circle business head, Deepinder Tiwana informed the reporters that the trials are on, but the company is still looking to setup the required infrastructure for 4G networks. The company has seen an multi-fold increase in data service requirements in the last few weeks in the AP region. 44% of the company's 1.85 million subscribers from AP use data services (2G) and about 12% use 3G.

Aircel's intention of rolling out 4G comes as a no surprise. We believe 2014 will see multiple operators venturing into 4G services and related 4G enabled products (like mobile phones, tablets, dongles etc.). We've been eagerly waiting for Reliance to formally launch their high-speed network so that the potential rivals will be pressured to roll out their services as well. No doubt 2014 is going to be an interesting year for all the high speed Internet fans, us included.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I hear, Aircel isn't providing enough 2G network services and are already talking about 4G.
    What is the big rush? Why can't we have real quality in the services we already have?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think if Vodafone previous Hutch comes it will be good. As far as I know and I have a communication engineer as a friend, He says that after all Vodafone network is less harmful, they will release in permissible limit unlike airtel, which has network everywhere but is harmful.

I am waiting to go back to Vodafone 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Repeaters are basically regenerators of input signals.It is used in DCOM system to maintain it's stock amplitude which reduces due to attenuation when long distance from source to destination is...
Superbike fanatics - here's an interesting superbike shootout. Check out this video that talks about the top production superbikes down to what 'really' matters. All up for the discussions, folks!
It has now become officially true that a new tablet from Samsung, the South Korean giant, would be hitting the markets as early as 2014. Spotted passing through FCC Bluetooth...
India's National Translation Mission (website: ntm.org.in) is taking up an important initiative - translating Indian vernacular texts to English. NTM is an initiative of Government of India to establish translation...
Karbonn has launched a banner on its official website featuring its new smartphone called the - Karbonn Titanium X. The 5-inch smartphone has a FHD Display with 1920x1080 pixel resolution....