Air conditioner and Refrigerator

What is the difference between air conditioner and refrigerator ?

Replies

• dineshreddy333
    dineshreddy333
    both are similar in many aspects. but the circulation systems are different. acs project them throughtout where as they are confined in arefridgerator
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Both are heat pumps. They move heat from a cold zone to a hotter one. The refrigerants used are suited to the temperatures involved.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    sir what is the difference between heat pump and refrigerator ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Just like a water pump moves water from a lower level to a higher, a heat pump moves heat from a lower temperature to a higher temperature, which is what happens in a refrigerator. However, in this case the interest is in the cold space inside and the need to keep it that way. In other cases such as heating a cold space in very cold places like the Arctic zone a heat pump is used to remove heat from the out side cold area and deliver it into the warmer room to continue keeping it warm. One must understand that a heat pump does not generate heat but only moves it. So, for a given power much more heat can be moved than created by a heater.
    For comparison a 1 ton ac moves about 3300 KCals/hour for a power expenditure of about 1.3 KW against nearly 4KW for a heater to generate the same heat.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Aziz. I am fresh design engineer structure which working in aerospace industry. Hope that we could exchange opinion and solve the raised issue together.
No journey is easy for the spacecrafts. The space presents the harshest of the conditions to these machines. NASA engineers are busy making their Orion spacecraft tough enough to endure...
I have worked with three of them. I made an Abacus just for the heck of it. The Faber Castell Slide Rule, twin of the one in the video was...
I am currently in my second year and am anxiously looking for a short term training/internship right after completion of my second year, perhaps for two months. I need to...