After B.E. -> M.E./M.Tech. or Some Certification ???

Hi all,m

My name is vaibhav currently doing job in one Infosec firm as a system admin.

I want to go in Information Security Field....now with the job of system admin i've got enough time for further study so now i want guidance regarding further education that what will be more beneficial for me?? to go for ME/MTECH with Information Security as a core subject or to go for some certification exam like CEH, CCNA Secuity etc...

Please guide me accordingly....thnx .... \m/

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thread moved to Help Center.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vaibhav Nagariya
    Hi all,m

My name is vaibhav currently doing job in one Infosec firm as a system admin.

I want to go in Information Security Field....now with the job of system admin i've got enough time for further study so now i want guidance regarding further education that what will be more beneficial for me?? to go for ME/MTECH with Information Security as a core subject or to go for some certification exam like CEH, CCNA Secuity etc...

Please guide me accordingly....thnx .... \m/
    Hi Vaibhav, you can choose any one of them according to your priorities. If you want to go full-time then go for ME/MTech, else you can do certification courses part time while continuing with your current job.

I hope I understood your query correctly.

PS: The best form of study is self-study So, part time or full time really don't matter.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Information Security field has many facets and you'll have to identify them first. CCNA or any other relevant certification would definitely help you in your goal. But before anyone offers further suggestions; why not tell us the kind of job/career you envision for yourself? Also, how do you expect it to differ from your current career as a system admin?
  • Vaibhav Nagariya
    Vaibhav Nagariya
    Confusion over guys...thank you so much for your efforts...

today i talked to few people in INFOSEC field...according to them certifications are far more better then Masters...so now i decided to go for CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) course...

Any CEH in the house ?????

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Hey can we start separate thread for INFOSEC field...cos I've observed many engineers who are in IT field looking for some nice, simple & decent forum sites to discuss about they queries...and we got the platform they want...please let me know what you legends think about it...😉

Stay Tuned...😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# Feel free to start new threads. I hope CE will provide you a proper platform that you want.
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    even i'm interested to know
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Hi,
    I have completed BE - ECE in 2011 and pursued MBA through distance and completed that also, I also have work experience in Supply CHain Management field for 3 yrs. Now i want to study further and confused whether to choose ME or M Tech in Communication field, Pls suggest which has good scope in India and outside India in job opportunities. ALso I am planning to do PhD after doing this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to create ADC in WINDOWS SERVER 2008 & how it work? what we have is two domain controller. Primary (PDC) and additional (ADC) domain controller. but suppose for some...
Name: Vaibhav Nagariya Engineering Trade: IT Location: Vadodara Occupation: System Admin @ Induface Work Experience: Almost 2 years Aim in life: To be IS Consultant I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...
Hello forum, Halong bay cruise-Princess junk Halong bay-Mekong Bassac Cruise My name is Kirk, and I am newbie here. I found this forum community. I thought that i should introduce...
Main components in a computer system​–Hardware​–Software​–Firmware​what does firmware mean
Special Purpose Registers​–The special purpose registers are used by the CPU for temporary storage of data for calculations and other purposes.​–Ex.:​•MAR​•MBR​•IR​•PC​Here, I just want to know about​MAR,MBR,IR,PC in detail​ ​