Advanced Home Security

Project Abstract / Summary : Our project is an extension of the Internet of Things (IoT) where each and every lock can be controlled via a smartphone from anywhere around the world. There is a owner for each lock who only can able to access the lock via his/her smartphone. Owner can authenticate other person to access the lock for a particular time period.
The implementation of the project is done using a Raspberry Pi micro-computer and an optocoupler replay board. The controlling and maintenance was done using an Android Application, and it
uses a MySQL database to maintain the records. MQTT (Mosquitto) is used for push messaging.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : As the world is becoming smarter we have to do something very innovative and smart project, and we thought that this idea is something very different so we had chosen this topic. The main crux of project is security. It can be implemented in residential houses to be more secure, but before that we have to think of making it very secure and as much cheap as possible too.

Project Highlights : We think that this is a system which is quite different and in future it will be the need for all of us. Even we can say it is making us more secure than a key-lock system, and security is one of the most important point. So we as a team think that this idea and our project is a tough competitor for other projects in this competition.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: RCOEM
City: Nagpur
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), USA is all set to launch a facial detection software to identify right whales. NOAA along with Mathworks put forward a competition on...
hello everyone i am akash previously i worked as a erection n planning engineer for a power plant in odisha. i completed my B.Tech in EEE and pursued job in...
Former ISRO chief, K Kasturirangan proclaimed that outlining of a strategy is an integral part of the Indian Space program, for the sake of long term sustainability. India has been...
Project Abstract / Summary : SUMMARY : This project explains the deflection and failures in the beams and concrete slabs.the failures in the concrete structures due to deflection bye the...
Hi, IIT Delhi / DTU conduct their own Entrance exam for MTech for part time candidates. Can you help with the syllabus of these entrance exams ? Looking for EC...