Adobe Photoshop Now Supports 3D Printing; Tool Now Available For $50 Only!

3D-printing enthusiasts now have a whole new tune to dance to, for Adobe now pushes their unorthodox hobby to mainstream, as it now introduces tools to its Photoshop software that support 3D printing. Using these, the company can control objects, then route it to their home 3D printer or a third-party service 3D publishing software (say like Shapeways) for fabrication.

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 12.08.52 PM

The software's available for free for Creative Cloud subscribers, while new users shall have to shell out $50 to sign up. The software doesn't have any inbuilt 3D modeling tools, so users can't build an object from the scratch. The tools aid more in refining images- which means that you can play with colors and textures- same that you do with Photoshop to your 2D images. So tone down your hopes people, for this is not a HUGE flight for the 3D printing kite, but it's good to see Adobe encouraging the same by adding the necessary features to its popular software.

Watch this to know more:

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I hope they work on it. I am a huge fan of Adobe products. I hope 3D printing gets cheaper with time and waste plastic can be resculptured into art.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just grind all old plastic items we have at home and use it's byproduct to create our own art.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't really get 3D printing. What problem does it really solve? Teleportation?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't really get 3D printing. What problem does it really solve? Teleportation?
    I don't wish any such activity to be possible. I just want a clay model on my mind, which I believe I can design well on a computer than with my raw hands, to come to life at the best quality in the cheapest possible manner. - would be a boon to architects and structural engineers!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Explore in the following delightfully animated videos six famous thought experiments that the universities expose their students to. 😀 The Paradox of the Tortoise and Achilles The Grandfather Paradox Chinese...
Microsoft Academia Accelerator will soon be functional at all the IITs, BITS Pilani and IIITs. The accelrator will conduct workshops to cover the industry relevant topics and technologies and also...
Mircomax Canvas XL A119 is the latest entry from Micromax in the Android mid-budget segment. Powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, the Canvas XL A119 features a 6-inch touchscreen...
Name: Kanagasundaram.K *Engineering Trade: B.E(Computer science) Location: cheyyar(Thiruvannamalai Dt),Tamil Nadu State,South India *Occupation:working as a System Administrator in Krizz Company(Chennai) Work Experience:Two year and eight month above *Hobbies & Interests:...
A codefest like none other is finally here!! Kurukshetra in association with PayPal is proud to present "Hackathon", a signature event that is sure to awaken the programming scion inside...