Ada, Zaha and creativity: the soul of engineering?

Quote:
A mildly disgruntled engineer — is there any other kind? — once told me that there was a group of civil engineers in the UK who enjoy unparalleled public goodwill, a high profile and handsome salaries, who are feted in society and even raised to the House of Lords without comment. ‘Of course, they have the good sense not to call themselves engineers,’ he said. ‘They call themselves architects.’
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Water is anomalous in that ice has a lower density than liquid water and water vapor floats in air. If like other materials solid water had been heavier, all water...
After reviewing the 110cc scooters available in the market, we finally settled on TVS Scooty Zest and got the delivery yesterday. Since I could not find any review that covers...
hi everyone.. i am working as iOS developer in wipro.. can we start any grp or forum which is regarding iOS development and mobility development ...
FIAT has reportedly confirmed that the India launch of its Avventura crossover (based on Punto Evo hatchback) shall happen October 21st, 2014. Auto enthusiasts who've been following Avventura since its...
Can anyone share any video classes or information regarding SAP agentry and SAP native iOS mobile application development...