Acer Liquid Jade Smartphone Announced With Liquid Leap Smartwatch, Specs Still Under Wraps

Acer has surprised one and all in the tech community at the "A Touch More Connected" global press conference, by announcing a new smartphone called the "Acer Liquid Jade", a new entrant in its Liquid series of smartphones, now equipped with an accompanying smartwatch cum fitness band called the "Liquid Leap". Not much is known about the features and specs or price of the Acer Liquid Jade smartphone, apart from the fact that it has a 5-inch screen made safe with Corning Gorilla Glass, is 17 mm in width and is all curved in design i.e. has no sharp surfaces. From what little else we have found - it is clear that the Liquid Jade is currently available in three colors - black, white and light jade, but the company might launch in more colors at its official launch this summer. As a blog has Acer's Event Surprise, the Liquid Jade Smartphone Hands-on | Tom's Hardware the phone won't be powered by an Intel SoC, so we can safely assume that the phone will run on either Qualcomm, Nvidia or a MediaTek SoC.

The camera on the Acer Liquid Jade smartphone does have a single LED Flash support, but no other details are yet out. From some of the pictures, it can be gauged that the phone has on-screen buttons and will be running on a lightly skinned version of stock Android.

acer-logo

Coming to the much-talked-about "Acer Liquid Leap" smartwatch, we have a 17 mm thick gadget, that sports a particularly low resolution display (As seen from some pictures) and as of now we see only two colors options - red and black, that were on the showcase at the New York press event. Just like other smartwatches available from the likes of Samsung, this one supports notifications display from the Acer devices (or is it all Android devices?) it is paired with and fitness tracking features, alongside the regular time display.

There is no word about the Liquid Jade and Leap's availability details or release date in U.S., U.K. or India. We will keep you updated as soon as we get our hands on more details.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Logitech, the Swiss global provider of PC and tablet accessories, has launched a new iPhone case, that modifies in different ways to suit to your needs. Designed for the iPhone...
Great news for MacBook users who travels quite often to different part of the world. Currently they have to carry Apple's world travel adapter kit or Twelve South's PlugBug (hybrid...
Hai I have compleated my BTech ECE with 80% and decided to take training in VLSI . But i am unable to decide where to go which institute either banglore...
hi...i want to learn web designing.i have a good knowledge on html,javascript and xml and what are the other languages i should learn for it and plz suggest me if...
Shiftgig was launched in 2012 by Eddie Lou, Jeff Pieta and Sean Casey with an aim to build a community for a user segment underserved by existing professional networks. Shiftgig...