Acer Aspire R13 Convertible Notebook Now In India - Specs Overview

After the 2014 launch of its Chromebook in India, Acer has today announced the launch of Acer Aspire R13 as its first unveil of the year in India. The product was originally unveiled in IFA Berlin last year and will now begin its sale in India from 27th January, 2015. With so many devices launched every day, it has become necessary to keep a unique element in a new device for its publicity and we believe R13 does just that. The highlight of the device is that it can be converted into six different modes viz. Notebook mode, Ezel mode, Stand mode, Pad mode, Tent mode and Display mode. This flexibility and conversion is possible thanks to Acer’s unique Ezel Aero Hinge which allows the device to rotate easily. The Hinge also provides stability required especially while using the touch screen capability of the device.

Now for the specs of the notebook. Because of its ability to operate in six different styles, durability of the product is the obvious question that comes in mind. It is quite durable as its touchscreen and back cover are both covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device is light weight and measures only 1.5 kg and its thickness is just 17.95 mm (approx. 1 inch). The screen size is exactly 13.3 inches and with HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. It has one 3.0 and one 2.0 USB port and has an SD card and a memory card slot. The pointing device used on the touchscreen is the trackpad. It has the latest Windows 8.1 OS.

acer r13

The device works on 4th Generation Intel Core i5 processor. The device has 512 GB of SSD and upto 8 GB of memory. As far as communication is concerned, the device is quite powerful. The device is Skype certified and supports video chats, VoIP calls and voice commands. With all this computing power, the device offers a battery life of 8 hours. But the trade-off seems fair considering the amount of features that the device offers.

The intelligently constructed device is targeted for the higher end buyers and will be available at selected CROMA Stores across India at the starting price Rs 83,999 which is higher than the price in US market ($899) just like most other electronic products in the league.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes I'm applying for IES 2015. I am a mechanical engineering graduate and 2014 passout. I got confused when seeing UPSC exam schedule. There is ISS/IES exam and it's notification...
Project Abstract / Summary : The purpose of this section is to provide the reader with general, background information about the software “Online Result automation system”. The Main objective of...
Launched with an aim to boost Moon exploration, the Google Lunar XPRIZE is designed to inspire enthusiast pioneers to help develop robotic space transport on a budget. With the deadline...
hello everyone, i just want to know that will cdac is heplful or not as i am engineer in IT and passout of 2013 will help me in placement also...
Lava Mobiles has a decent portfolio of smartphones that it regularly updates to cater the needs of users in every price domain. The latest addition to the series is with...