Acer Aspire E5-571: The First Notebook In India With Intel Core 5th Gen Processor

With Acer, it always seems to be about ‘firsts’. Just last year, Acer launched the first Acer Announces The First Chromebook Featuring 15-inch Display. Now, albeit only in India, Acer has announced a new ‘first’ with the unveiling of Acer Aspire E5-571, which is the first notebook or any device for that matter to run on the Intel core 5th Generation Processor in India. By doing so, Acer has managed to grab the attention of the people who shop in a market crowded with number of devices launched every day.

Acer’s move might be marketing gimmick, but the 5th Gen processor is no ploy. The processor actually gives faster performance and improvements in the processing instructions because it’s ability to combine the power efficiency of new 14nm process. With the Intel Hyper-Threading (HT) technology, the U series of the processor supports 2 cores and up to 4 threads. On comparison with its 4th Gen counterpart, any device with the 5th Gen processor will have a longer battery life because of its ability to handle CPU, graphics, I/O and power management.

Acer Aspire E5-571

Now for the specs of the actual device that is being launched. The Aspire E5-571 notebook comes with 12 GB memory and a 1 TB hard disk. It has the Windows 8.1 OS and contains the latest graphics card by NVIDIA: the GeForce 800M series card. The notebook since powered by the Intel i7 5th Gen processor, has got a battery life of upto 7 hours. It has the Precision Touchpad (PTP) which provides reduced accidental taps, smoother scrolling and improved pinch-to-zoom feature. The device is Skype certified and gives great VoIP calls experience thanks to its built-in microphone and the high quality speakers.

Acer Aspire E5-571 is available in following five colours: Titanium Silver, Midnight Black, Tiger’s Eye Brown, Sapphire Blue and Garnet Red. The notebook is already available in the market at the price of Rs. 44,999.

Via: Acer’s new 5th Generation Intel Core i5 processor based device arrives in India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest addition to its portfolio of innovative cameras is the all-new Samsung NX500, unveiled yesterday by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Sporting an amazing combination of stylish design and advanced...
I am not shutting down my laptop since last two days. I am just hibernating it. I have compiled my kernel from sources and added this patch . And honestly...
Back in November 2014, news about Mi India, the maker of Xiaomi smartphones, planning to manufacture their mobile devices right here in India starting making rounds. Well now, keeping up...
Raspberry Pi continues to be one of the most favoured DIY board around the world. I'd love to see all the interesting projects you are working on in your part...
Dear Sir, I am currently working in MNC as IOS app developer. I have overall 2 year 8 month IT experience. In IOS App dev I have around 2 years...