Absolute Zero: The Engineering-Exam-Study Curve

absolute-zero-study-curve

Getting things done at the last minute is a specialty for us engineers πŸ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The supercram curve actually helped me sail through engineering studies.
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    It helped all of us, K!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, I admit that I had 'mugged' up few of the M2, M3 (Advance Mathematics) problem solving methods. Once I mugged up the steps, it became so easy to solve them that I just had to slip-in the numbers in equations and arrive at the answer. It needed no brain; except for entering correct numbers in calculator.

#-Link-Snipped-# - I'd really love to see Absolute Zero taking us back to the 'First Day In Engineering College' ...and of course, the Farewell Day! πŸ‘.
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'd really love to see Absolute Zero taking us back to the 'First Day In Engineering College' ...and of course, the Farewell Day! πŸ‘.
    ChiEf, your wish is my command.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    so very true! 😁 😁 the last 1.5 hours where the whole class sits together trying to study atleast three questions per minute is all that helped me in the exams πŸ˜‰
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Well I thought I had missed one region all these days πŸ˜” , (sleep) 😴 getting into saturation region at restarting point and (wake up) picking up from that panic inflection region. 😨

but Thanks to supercram curve that saved me every time. It rocks (cannot forget those moments of all siting together). No one even allows a breathe to interrupt at that moment. 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    LOL...
    panic inflection
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😁 I am in the slow and steady curve till the supercram occurs.

Times flies by just like that.. 😲
  • Praveen Kulkarni
    Praveen Kulkarni
    I Hope , we engineers have the ability to complete 100% of the portion, but are able to manage only 70% of it to assimilate itπŸ˜‰
  • saptm
    saptm
    I always stands b/w in the mugging and panic region. 😁😁 Just mug all the things and till exam stay in panic and finally vomit it out whatever I had studied.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has anyone on CE mugged up Math problems? 😁
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Mine is also the supercam only!!! πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If it is not comic for entertainment, I disagree with Chuck. Steady learning helps increase our understanding. It is important. We cannot go on like a superman/ woman studying in last 1.5 hours. It is not practical. The degree made up in this way is of no use. Marks cannot materialize in your brain as knowledge.

I never tried doing anything at last moment. But before you get me wrong, I have never scored very good marks. I always pass GRACEfully. πŸ˜‰

Good attempt at comic chuck. I liked it πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Nah, understanding is important πŸ˜€ Luck does not bless those with poor memory 😁
    The_Big_K
    I have done for Probability and Queuing Theory and they asked the same question, yeah, it was a bulls eye!!! πŸ˜€
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I'll start off by first saying Great Comic, you can earn a living with this stuff. I am serious. If you put this stuff in science magazines Engineers would love it. We are all the same 😎
    I would encourage you to give this a shot.
    Now, this used to be my strategy in the first and second years, but in my 3rd and 4th yrs this strategy was not taking me where i wanted to be. I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# on this. But thats a discussion for another time/thread πŸ˜€
  • Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    CE Designer
    I'll start off by first saying Great Comic, you can earn a living with this stuff. I am serious. If you put this stuff in science magazines Engineers would love it. We are all the same 😎
    I would encourage you to give this a shot.
    Now, this used to be my strategy in the first and second years, but in my 3rd and 4th yrs this strategy was not taking me where i wanted to be. I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# on this. But thats a discussion for another time/thread πŸ˜€
    Thank you so much! Well, part of my living IS earned through stuff like this πŸ˜€
    And keep discussing... I'm making notes for future comics πŸ˜›

Chuck
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    1.5 hours before college exams, I used to be in my long bus journey to college.
    We tried to study sitting and standing in the heavy crowd, all the while fighting with bus conductors - an experience which will require an entire comic of its own πŸ˜‰

The_Big_K
    I haven't.. but from primary classes to engineering I used to 'read through' maths notes 😁. I never used textbooks, and almost never practiced a problem on paper (But it wasn't exactly mugging either)
  • saptm
    saptm
    The_Big_K
    Ya in my college there was a guy who start studying maths 1.5 hours before exam and just mug all the problem. And believe me he always got good marks.Don't know how it happened but it is true.
    saptm
    Ya in my college there was a guy who start studying maths 1.5 hours before exam and just mug all the problem. And believe me he always got good marks.Don't know how it happened but it is true.
    You are from Chennai and if the university is Anna University, then no doubt. All the questions for all the subjects will be repeated without changing even the single comma position! πŸ˜€ That's the secret of his success! πŸ˜›
  • saptm
    saptm
    Praveen-Kumar
    You are from Chennai and if the university is Anna University, then no doubt. All the questions for all the subjects will be repeated without changing even the single comma position! πŸ˜€ That's the secret of his success! πŸ˜›
    Hey I am not from Chennai,I am from Delhi and unfortunately working in Chennai.And I am not from Anna university also. 😁 I think you was there for a long that's why you know so much about their curriculum. πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
    saptm
    Hey I am not from Chennai,I am from Delhi and unfortunately working in Chennai.And I am not from Anna university also. 😁 I think you was there for a long that's why you know so much about their curriculum. πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
    Ha ha ha!!! 😁 Yeah! πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra

Same here AKD. 😁
  • saptm
    saptm
    Praveen-Kumar
    Ha ha ha!!! 😁 Yeah! πŸ˜€
    😁 😁 😁
  • saptm
    saptm
    AbraKaDabra

You are rite.Absolutely rite 😁 😁 πŸ˜›
  • Tanu Pawar
    Tanu Pawar
    chuckofalltrades
    absolute-zero-study-curve

Getting things done at the last minute is a specialty for us engineers πŸ˜€
    letz...try...now onwards !!!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    this curve became true for me whenever i prepared for engineering metallurgy.

but however it wasnt true when it came to preparation of hydraulics and pneumatics and power plant engineering
  • lal
    lal
    Slow and steady region : Everything learnt remain right there in the head even after exams.
    Restart point : A big stupidity every student makes 😁
    Mugging inertia zone : Feels guilty of memorising things instead of understanding. Tries hard not to mug up.
    Panic Inflection : sweat sweat sweat 😑
    Super Cram : Feels proud of the self for completing so much in the least time. Only 60% of what learnt, remains after exams 😁

And there is atleast one person in the class to whom the graph doesn't hold good πŸ˜›
    #-Link-Snipped-# and others, check this out:
    [​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the records sake, I'd close down all the books 2 hours before the exam no matter how unprepared I was 😎.
    The_Big_K
    For the records sake, I'd close down all the books 2 hours before the exam no matter how unprepared I was 😎.
    And that's the reason now you are the CEO!!! πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Every engineering student must heard "One day batting" thats what we do.

I used to mug up C programs in my 1st year. The factorial, Fibonacci etc πŸ˜€
    Dont forget... This is how we study and give exams!!!
    [​IMG]
  • Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    Yes.it helped everyone of us.
  • Miri
    Miri
    super-cram it is...😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ultra crammers and Geek hours are now a trend

Some study and tell the whole thing as stories to listeners who hear three people saying three different answer

In the end the mess all the three up

But guess what they top the class😁😁😁😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, This was a first time for me and my team member to participate in Robocon 2012 in pune, here are some pics i would like to share with you...
Name: Praveen Kumar K Qualification😁oing final year BE in Computer Science Stream(Hope will complete by the end of this juneπŸ‘) Location:Bangalore Native:Raichur Intrests:Keen to expose myself to endless technology surface...
ok, this thread is to tell why anyone is feeling up right now??? is it becasue you are lvoing what you are doing? or you got a promotion??? .. I...
help me out CEeans in getting some information about Tele-Graffiti......i could get pdf file regarding this but its a bit complex to understand..this is my seminar topic........
A more beautiful web is many things. Internet Explorer wants to help you experience it all. See how the sites you love can be one click away!