Absolute Zero: The billion-dollar baby

AZ11

So the entire Twitterverse / blogosphere was abuzz with Facebook buying out Instagram for a massive $1 billion dollars. Some felt this was a little too much for an app which, essentially, just adds filters to your photos - that too, camera photos.

Others feel that this is something that will go a long way given how closely entrenched photos are with FB. And after all, the iPhone is the most popular camera out there in terms of sheer number of uploads.

What do you guys think? Was it a useless buy? Was it a smart thing to do for FB? And of course, did Instagram 'sell out' by having a hugely valuated product and getting out without having the chance to develop something truly revolutionary themselves?

Speak away in the comments!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Discussion already in progress: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Read today's Faking news. Facebook to buy IRCTC @ $5bn😛
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    Read today's Faking news. Facebook to buy IRCTC @ $5bn😛
    Lolz... Need to check this out... 😛
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    friends on the whole i think facebook itself is one useless site. i think we are better-off without it. don't you guys agree ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The technology is ready, but are people ready? Apart from downloading HD movies and uploading all your heavy-duty photographs on Facebook or Dropbox, what else do you plan to do...
Airtel has finally launched 4G services in India and here's the tariff plan: - What do you guys think about the pricing Airtel's coming up with? Happy with it? By...
We know that SCJP provides a golden opportunity to learn java. I wanted to know what is job-market value of this certification? Does this certification helps when applying for internships?
Microsoft is planning to bring the Microsoft Office programs like Word, Powre Point and Excel to Symbian Belle system. Nokia 701, Nokia 700, Nokia 603, Nokia E7, Nokia X7, Nokia...
Hi CEans, I am working on a problem in which I want to upload large amount of data to Oracle Database. I want to upload 10 files, each of say...