Aakash 4 Tablet With Wi-Fi, 4G & Scratch Proof Screen To Hit Markets By March-End

When will Aakash touch the Earth? - As said by Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, the latest version of the Aakash 4 tablet would be available by March-end. Earlier we had thought that the launch date will be Aakash 4 Launch In January 2014, Says Kapil Sibal, but it turns out that we have to wait another month to see the tablet hitting the shelfs. The subsidized price is believed to be Rs. 3,999. Aakash series is the Indian Government’s low cost PC tablets launched for students for educational purpose. Repots also suggest that Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGSD) have already floated the tenders for tablet.

The tablet is believed to be very modern with features like 7 inch scratch resistant capacitive touchscreen with at least 800 x 480 resolution with 16-bit or higher colour depth. 4GB internal memory with external card slot with capacity of up to 32GB. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2G, 3G, 4G and Bluetooth ver.2.1 class 2 or better. The document support includes DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS etc. The tablet would also be featuring front facing camera. Just like previous versions of Aakash, this one will also support Android and Linux. Do take a look at the Aakash 4 Specifications & Features Out! Do They Impress Us? for the Aakash tablet that were out in July last year.

aakash

Despite various delays and controversies, Aakash tablet project has been of much importance for Government of India. The idea for this was to enable students across the country to provide low cost internet connectivity for educational purposes. Kapil Sibal also hinted at plans for merging BSNL and MTNL in this project. Though there are many low-cost devices available in market, it’s only a matter of time when we realize how Aakash fairs with the Indian customers.

What do you think of the latest Aakash 4 tablet? Let us know in comments below and to take a look back at the development of Aakash tablet in India over the last few years, see our coverage here.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# |Image Credit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Aakash, Aakash-2, Aakash-3 and now this. Is anyone here really impressed by Aakash tablet specs?
    In competition to this one are Micromax Funbook, HCL ME tablet, iBall Slide tablet and I think BSNL Penta T-pad too. All below Rs. 5000 in price.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Agree with you. Since Aakash is not providing anything more for users, customers are reluctant to go for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new app on Android called 'Samsung Power Sleep' brings in the concept of making good use of your smartphone or tablet's processing power for research work. Like the folks...
A voyage through the human body no longer seems a mere fantasy. Tiny devices like Robotic Pills may soon perform surgery, administer drugs and help in diagnosing numerous diseases. The...
frnds ,pls help me to model a boost converter in simscape of matlab.i could model it in simpowersystem but in simscape i dnt knw how to model it thanks in...
Concrete canvas is a material that comprises all elements of concrete, but is flexible enough to be set in any desired shape. Via this technology, permanent solid structures could be...